Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMC Tokina 24mm 2,8 aperture problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: RMC Tokina 24mm 2,8 aperture problem Reply with quote

Hi! Bought a RMC Tokina 24mm 2,8 from the local market. I had plans to use it in front of my Canon 7D. Tokina have a Minolta MD mount. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I suspect that something is broken. If I move the aperture ring nothing don't move. If I press/move the lever on the mounting side of the lens, still nothing. I am pretty sure that the lever on the mounting side should close the aperture!?? Am I wrong? Any tricks? I am pretty noob with manual lenses, especially with Minolta lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. By the sound of it the lens has oily aperture and will require service.
2. MD mount is not a good option for Canon EF to begin with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
1. By the sound of it the lens has oily aperture and will require service.
2. MD mount is not a good option for Canon EF to begin with.

Why MD mount isn't good option for EF mount? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because MD register distance is shorter than EF, meaning that you can't use a simple glassless adapter and achieve focus past few feet if that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an excellent Wiki page about flange distances for all types of lens mounts and their adapters.
Shouldn't this be in a sticky or is it already there ?

here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance