Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone knows what these spots are?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Anyone knows what these spots are? Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got a Meyer-Optik Orestor 135mm f/2.8 from ebay, and from the description, it says:

"Lens glasses: no scratches, fungus, or other damage."

But i see these spots on the front lens, what are they? Is it damage? The lens also seems to have slight haze at the edge of the front optic, is that considered damage also?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fungus etching. It's a fatal flaw that cannot be cleaned or repaired short of replacing the element(s).

The seller might be correct in saying the lens 'has' no fungus, but it 'had' fungus at one time. It survived long enough to etch the coating on the lens.

I'd say 95% of the time, it won't affect your shooting. But once you shoot directly into a bright light, you'll get all sorts of flare and very low contrast.

Hopefully the seller listed the lens as Returns Accepted.