Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adapting a Biotar in Praktiflex mount, any help?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: adapting a Biotar in Praktiflex mount, any help? Reply with quote

Hi to everybody; I have since a long time an original Praktiflex with its 58/2 Biotar; a charmy lens, tiny, smooth to operate, a real beauty. But, as well known, the early Praktiflex mount is a screw similar to no one, and I have no idea how to adapt it. I already have rings for most common mounts: Nikon, Pentax, Olympus OM, 42x1, Leica M and R, and so on.

Any help, please?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is adapter available for M4/3 and NEX.
Click here to see on Ebay

Ask the seller if he will make another patch in the mount you need.

P.S. We have a section for adapters http://forum.mflenses.com/adapters-and-other-accessories-f10.html .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
There is adapter available for M4/3 and NEX.

Ask the seller if he will make another patch in the mount you need.

P.S. We have a section for adapters http://forum.mflenses.com/adapters-and-other-accessories-f10.html .

Thank you very much. I will try to ask to that seller, but either nex o M43 mount wouldn't fit my needs; I would use the lens on my EOS FF system, or my EOS-M one.

I think that I will have to arrange something by myself Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use it on a EOS camera, try to tape the threads and add a M39 to M42 adapter. Take note you will not get infinity on a M42 to EOS adapter. It may be better to get another M42 Biotar if you want to use it on both camera.

Update: as far as I know, the M42 Biotar 58mm may interfere with the mirror of 5D/6D.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Update: as far as I know, the M42 Biotar 58mm may interfere with the mirror of 5D/6D.

Calvin, be careful with such advices. The last time I mentioned such incompatibility issues with M42 lenses on Canon DSLR's I was seriously attacked by a nervous member here.... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Calvin, be careful with such advices. The last time I mentioned such incompatibility issues with M42 lenses on Canon DSLR's I was seriously attacked by a nervous member here.... Wink

Thanks for the reminder! I hope I am not getting attacked for such reminder(if any). Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks to everybody! I am going to use one of my Helios, and probably sell the Biotar on eBay: while I was doing a search for an adapter I have seen crazy prices around Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what I did: sold a Biotar for a nice sum and keep my humble Helios 44 with 13 blades. Friends