Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silver Tair -11 fixing problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Silver Tair -11 fixing problem Reply with quote

Hello to all,

A few days ago I was asked to fix an old Tair- 11 lens. Or its focusing part , to be exact. The owner tried to disassemble the whole focusing part, however he broke almost everything and now I do not know what to do, how to fix the problem.
Ok , so here we go. My objective is to remove the lens mounting part from the focusing helical part , however I cannot do that because it is jammed. The owner has tired to unscrew the bolts ( red mark NO. 1 ) , but failed and they broke. Then he dried to drill them out , however the drill broke and he simply left the 2 screws that didn`t come out slightly drilled. Then he removes the screw ( red mark No2 ) and the mounting ( silver) part started to move around. If I screw it back , the focus jammes , if I turn it to the right it does one whole spin and then jammes and does the same to the focusing helical, same thing happens if I turn it to the left.

I`ve tried forcing it out , I`ve tried pulling it but I`m running out of options here. I do not want to damage the lens more than it is already ,however I don`t see a way out. Can anyone give some advice on how to remove the mounting part please.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left handed drill bit source
http://www.mcmaster.com/#left-hand-drill-bits/=gunzdv

Set the drill motor to reverse and carefully get the left hand drill bit started in the center of the broken screw. To center the drill bit get a piece of brass tubing from a hobby shop to use as a drill guide. Cut a piece that fits into the hole and leave about 1/4 inch sticking out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I know this is a very old thread but as I can t find other resources, maybe you guys can help me out. I dissasemblied my Tair11 up to this point Drack has made the picture but I don t know how to proceed further. My screws are intact, they came out easily, but I don t know what s next. Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

UPDATE: The black ring finally came of, maybe because I sprayed wd40 in te screw holes and on the hread edge, maybe not, but it moved, all ok, sorry for the annoyance