Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HDMI cable for tv watching photos doesn't work
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: HDMI cable for tv watching photos doesn't work Reply with quote

Ok, I got it micro hdmi fits in my tablet ,the other end , regular hdmi fits ( without hammering it) into one of the two hdmi inputs on back of my Panasonic Vieira ( probably around 10-12 years old). Selected the hdmi input on the tv , and ....nothing ! Any ideas why ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the tablet react any way when you connect it?

some sort of "boing" should appear when it detects a device, depending on the os

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What tablet? I must use an adaptor for mine an 'MHL to HDMI' look it up on amazon or ebay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my tablet there is a micro HDMI port that I use to connect. No reaction when doing the connection. I selected from the settings to use a second screen (external) but nothing changed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really difficult to give you proper advice from remote.
The only way to find out the source of the problem would be to use the same device on another TV and to look for another cable too.
At least you would know then where the problem is located.
I never had any troubles on my Panasonic TV with HDMI connected devices.

I also enjoy Googles "chromecast" HDMI WIFI device a lot on mine. Very recommendable for all kind of PC sourced information (like films or photo shows) on the TV without the usual cable issues. There are a lot of Android apps available to remotely manage your TV-shows from your portable device also.
I even managed to set up the whole "chromecast" functionality for my old mother in a remote session via "TeamViewer" and "Skype". Wink
All she had to do was to plug in the dongle into a HDMI port of her TV set. And yes, a WIFI environment is mandatory for that.
Maybe that would also be suitable for you. It totally replaced a Mini-PC which was connected before to the TV. Not a bad solution for only 29 Euros from Amazon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you , Thomas , I really have to test the cable and tablet on another tv (it's a Windows 8 Toshiba tablet)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Thank you , Thomas , I really have to test the cable and tablet on another tv (it's a Windows 8 Toshiba tablet)

Chromecast would also work with your tablet. Wink

However, good luck for your error search.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the store where I bought the tablet , plugged the cable in - no image , like at home.
Then the seller brought me a hama cable , plugged in , BINGOooooo ! Image ! Laughing So , it was the cable faulty #*!%@@••!..... Evil or Very Mad
Happy ,after all , I bought the hama cable , three times pricier than the first , but allready tested that Works.
Came home , plugged in and ..... Shocked Shocked Shocked No image ! So , it is the tv ....and the first cable .
So, I'll have to get me a new espresso machine ! Laughing