Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Multi-Coated MACRO-TAKUMAR 100mm f/4 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:55 am    Post subject: Super-Multi-Coated MACRO-TAKUMAR 100mm f/4 Macro Reply with quote

First one was also taken with the lens mounted to Pentax Auto Bellows K. It's of tea leaves.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing these pictures. They illustrate perfectly the imaging abilities of the Macro Takumar 100/4: beautiful colors, smooth rendering and perfect bokeh (it's a Heliar formula lens). Just have a look at this bokeh sample from the last picture, it's perfect, without any trace of double-lining or bright circles:

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Abbazz. It seems like a pretty rare lens, too, hard to find things about it online. It's quickly become one of my favourites, especially because of the bokeh and how it renders colours.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent lens, I do agree with Sebastien!! Congratulations! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some pictures with the lens on the bellows again of what I *think* might be an amethyst geode, but it's been too long since I last did research on rocks and minerals to really know. Razz

The full thing:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberFlubber wrote:
Took some pictures with the lens on the bellows again of what I *think* might be an amethyst geode, but it's been too long since I last did research on rocks and minerals to really know.

I'm not a mineralogist. Not amethyst . Looks like some form of Chalcedony. Very interesting color!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, thanks. All this time I thought it was some really weird amethyst.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took this yesterday, missed focus slightly but I think it turned out fine still.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my mind. Could be amethyst. I've never seen a pink amethyst before. Could be another mineral that turns bright pink like this when heated...I forget the name...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice to know, maybe I'll bring it to a mineralogist some time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-M-C Tak 100/4 is an excellent lens. A few samples on A7

_DSC2584 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

_DSC2628 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

_DSC2607 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

_DSC2656 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are gorgeous!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice pics indeed!

Not an Amethyst indeed, I'd say, but not sure what it really is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took these back in October.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for a while and I sold it.
I shouldn't have.
Its better than the Super Takumar 105/2.8 and of course macro.
Bokeh may be even nicer than the Nikkor-P 105/2.5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, I'm kinda surprised I haven't thought about taking a bokeh-only shot with it. Perhaps when the Christmas tree is up I'll do that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberFlubber wrote:

Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to take a couple pictures of my camera collection, two others will be uploaded to my Cooke Kinic thread.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of this lens. I found it in a pile of used mf lenses at a local camera shop. Bought it complete with hood for about $40.

NEX 7, SMCT 100/4 Macro @ f/8, ISO 100

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neighbors helping with the flying insect bloom. I've watched these get fat over the past few months. Wink

From a few days ago, 800x1200p crops from Canon 5D (original, 12MP) sensor, lens set at f/11 a little less than 1:2 magnification:

#1 "False(?)" eyes & faces! Eats flying insects that get inside, like fruit fly.

#2 Next we have an eater of moths twice bigger!

#3 Now somebody will tell me this one is deadly. I have no idea.

#4 Sensors all over! Masters of vibration.

#5 Intelligent? For certain as much mastery of seeing as tactile mastery, imho. Moves web around inside my semi-hemispherical shaped structure. Re-uses same spots but avoids bookcase I swept web on removing a book, oops. Easy to train or intelligent; maybe both. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys are the same species (I'm pretty sure) that we have here in the Willamette valley. Very effective orb spiders. My garden is usually full of them though not nearly that big yet! Great photos.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon 5D (c) sensor pixel density is 4368px / 36mm = 121.3px/mm

On-sensor dimensions of 800x1200px is then 800px / 121.3px/mm = 6.59mm X 1200px / 121.3px/mm = 9.89mm

Lens is set approximately 1:2 magnification, making the actual size of the 800x1200px frames shown here, 13.18mm X 19.78mm.

On my screen 800px measures approximately 150mm.

Total magnification of spiders on my screen is then, 150mm / 13.18mm = 11.4X

Willamette Valley is close enough for these to be related. Wink Did you see the truely huge orb spider photos I posted here two summers ago? A yellow & black one, same bright colors as yellow jacket wasp. Hand size with legs; head big as my thumb, 2m diameter web. Did I mention huge? I'm familiar with bigger than normal Oregon orbs down in the valleys even around here, but this one up here on the side of the ridge was a truely magnificent specimen...