Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon 55mm f/2.2 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Fujinon 55mm f/2.2 M42 Reply with quote

I was able to find very little and mostly negative information about this lens. Any opinions? How much would it worth?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSTLY NEGATIVE? Really!?

It is one of the best ~50mm lens I have seen. It's poorly made, that's true, but it gives you a VERY interesting picture. I've had one such lens, it was in a bad condition and I've bought another one in almost mint condition just because I must have it in my lens park. It's a small gem. So if you can - grab it! It's much more interesting then many other fifties.

Some pictures - test photos http://www.alphatraveller.org/gallery/index.php?/category/49
LOTS of pictures from Hon Kong, most of them made by Fujinon 55/2.2 http://www.alphatraveller.org/gallery/index.php?/category/55

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there only one version of this lens and is it made of plastic? Can you clarify what do you mean very interesting picture? How does it perform wide open?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is only one version and it is made of plastic. Lots of them have cracked aperture ring. Mine has this ring replaced by a ring from other lens.

I shoot it practically only wide open. So most of the pictures I've gave you (visit links) are shot wide open.

It produces "bubbly" bokeh, just like MUCH more ecpencive lenses by Meyer Optik, Even without bubbles it's bokeh is like a painging - very beautiful. Again - see the pictures. Great color rendition.

For me this lens is much more interesting then Fuji 55/1.4 and 55/1.8. 55/2.2 is a rare design "Unar" with very pleasant and unusual picture, while 1.4 and 1.8 are just regular "normal" lenses which give you a picture just as any modern regular ~50mm lens...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice lens if you plan to shoot wide open, bokeh can be bubbly or painted depending on the light and the subject.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mine. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first lens on my first SLR, a Fujica ST605n. I can't say that the photos I took with that lens are anywhere near the samples posted here, nice work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such lenses require a bit of mastery to show their special character. Close it's aperture, don't choose light's direction and you'll have ordinary dull picture.