Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 Rebirth Reply with quote

Did any of you got this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061029467/bring-back-the-legendary-trioplan-soap-bubble-boke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, far too expensive for a bokeh effect lens, the price of the Helios 40-2 is much easier to swallow.
Maybe if they cut the price down to something reasonable.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not, but I bet my original will last longer without any servicing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could rationalize spending that kind of money on high end glass, but this lens kind of a one-trick-pony. There are cheaper ways to play with bubbles.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold my Trioplan. Interesting lens, but not my cup of tea. If you want cheap bubbles, just buy the culminar Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo. But the culminar is quite soft while the trioplan is a bit sharper. There are lots of other lenses that do the effect but each has its own character. Fujinon 50 1.8, Meyer Orestor, Schneider tel-arton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuato wrote:
I could rationalize spending that kind of money on high end glass, but this lens kind of a one-trick-pony. There are cheaper ways to play with bubbles.

I love my classic Trioplan 100 very much - sine 2010.
Many lenses are a kind of a one-trick-pony. like the Canon EF 50mm/1.0 or rangefinder 50mm/0.95.
The soap bubbles are only one think of over-corrected spherical aberrartion. But one could make images with this kind of bokeh but without the use of soap bubbles itself.

But I love the soap bubbles still much - and I found some alternative lenses as well, here the Diaplan 100:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old Trioplan 100/2.8
It is ont of the MOST interesting lenses I have but also it's one of the most difficult to use lenses. Especially on crop cameras which I use. BUT it rewards you with great pictures.

I've found that you can take great pictures during rainy days with Trioplan 100. Bubbles are just one of the features of this lens.

Lots of pictures shot with Trioplan 100/2.8 - http://www.alphatraveller.org/gallery/index.php?/category/111

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I just sold my Trioplan. Interesting lens, but not my cup of tea. If you want cheap bubbles, just buy the culminar Wink

Very nice! I need cheap bubble too Razz I didn't know Culminar, what lens do you mean?
Thank you Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For bubbles, just take any old triplet, the projector lens ones are very cheap, and move the front two element closer together.

Here's a 2.8/100 Staeble Stellar I performed this modification to - took all of 2 mins. Before the mod, it had no trace of outlines to it's highlights.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlessioG wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Very nice! I need cheap bubble too Razz I didn't know Culminar, what lens do you mean?
Thank you Smile

http://manuellfokus.no/steinheil-munchen-culminar-vl-135cm-f4-5/