Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Muncaster Basin With Voigtlander Vitomatic I
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Muncaster Basin With Voigtlander Vitomatic I Reply with quote

Well, this is from slide film, because the Slide Film forum is not bringing up the dialog box for "Post New Topic".

I had to wait for the morning light to come up at the right angle, and when it did, this rolling high country lit up like a Christmas tree! The sidelight really brought out the beauty of the groundcover in this glacially-rounded tundra-like terrain. I was hiking an arduous cross-country route along a ridge high above the Quinault Valley about 4000 feet (1800 meters or so) below, from where I had started the day before. My jaw dropped onto the heather when the sun hit this beautiful area.

I had a digital cam with me, but anticipated that the Velvia I had loaded into the Voigtlander Vitomatic I would bring out the colors, and it surely did. I compared the scan of this slide film with the image from the digital camera (Pentax K20 with Tamron Adaptall 28/2.5 lens), and this image just seemed richer in tonality and color depth. Of course, maybe that was just because I am prejudiced toward Velvia, since technically it turned into a digital image after scanning. Smile But, looking at the slide on the lightbox DID show it to be superior over the digital image, at least to my own eyes. And I'm certain that the Color-Skopar lens didn't hurt a thing either. Haha!

Glacially-Smoothed Meadowed Hummock Terrain in Muncaster Basin

Vitomatic I
Velvia
1/50th at f:11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

I'm btw. a Velvia fan as well. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Like 1

I'm btw. a Velvia fan as well. Wink

I can relate to being a Velvia fan for sure! In the right circumstances (especially when you want the reds to show their 'true colors') it can't be beat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Absolutely fabulous pic and colours Larry!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:

+1!!
Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemmo wrote:

+1, my feelings exactly!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Larry, what a beatiful landscape!.
Your pictures doesn't need a signature... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exquisite !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, excellent exposure and composition.