Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma XQ Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Sigma XQ Lenses Reply with quote

Last edited by Gerald on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full brochure can be found here: http://forum.xitek.com/thread-366376-1-1-1.html . I am not sure if the poster agrees to put the image here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The full brochure can be found here: http://forum.xitek.com/thread-366376-1-1-1.html . I am not sure if the poster agrees to put the image here.

Excuse me for asking, are you the poster in that Chinese forum?
I did not have the link you mentioned, I had only the Sigma catalog figures. I think it's clear that no one is "stealing" someone's images. Those images are from an old Sigma catalog and have no commercial value. I'm reproducing the pictures here only to serve the members of this forum. I think it fits well the concept of "fair use."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I am not the poster who scanned the manual. As there is water mark on every single image, I am concerned if the person who scanned these image is happy to let us upload and post them here(without any reference to the original post). That is why I include the original link here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gerald. I have the 200mm f4 but often wondered how many lenses were in this range.

Welcome back btw! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Edgar!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Calvin,if we "borrow" images it would be nice to reference the one who first posted them.I know from experience it takes a long time to scan a catalogue...give credit where credit is due. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I agree with Calvin,if we "borrow" images it would be nice to reference the one who first posted them.I know from experience it takes a long time to scan a catalogue...give credit where credit is due. Very Happy

+10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

I agree, but the credit is implicit: there is a name that appears on all pictures. It is the name of the person who copied the Sigma booklet, I suppose. But I do not know if that person had permission of Sigma to copy the booklet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I do see your point and hope you see mine, an extra few words does not cost much to give credit where credit is due.To be honest I did not see the water mark until you pointed it out....it would have added to the work load of scanning the pages. Wink

Whether or not he had permission is beside the point in this case. I am only mentioning that fact for others who will read this and perhaps take on board the above suggestion, to give credit where credit is due.
If they chose to post others efforts via a link or post images not their own. In this part of the forum,as its only new there will always be teething problems.
I honestly thank you for sharing them,it shows you are willing to participate on the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Very Happy I do see your point and hope you see mine, an extra few words does not cost much to give credit where credit is due.To be honest I did not see the water mark until you pointed it out....it would have added to the work load of scanning the pages. Wink

Whether or not he had permission is beside the point in this case. I am only mentioning that fact for others who will read this and perhaps take on board the above suggestion, to give credit where credit is due.
If they chose to post others efforts via a link or post images not their own. In this part of the forum,as its only new there will always be teething problems.
I honestly thank you for sharing them,it shows you are willing to participate on the forum.

+100. Friends

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this thread:

http://forum.mflenses.com/sigma-xq-scalematic-135mm-f1-8-t73282.html

went up the other day on the MF Lenses board, I immediately commenced searching for the sort of data Gerald very kindly has posted above. Unlike Gerald, I was insufficiently skilled to find the data he generously has made known to everyone here. Even after calvin83 posted links to the Chinese sources, I was unable to overcome the language barrier. I confess I neither speak nor write Chinese, and I'm unable to read Chinese. I did use the translator, of course. But its English translation of the Chinese writing is cryptic at best.

How Gerald was able to overcome all this I do not know, but I have two observations:

*I'm most grateful to Gerald for posting information which otherwise, for me, would have remained hidden

*I clearly need to work much harder in order somehow to break through the language barrier I personally face. I'm convinced other lens data treasures lie just out of reach on Chinese websites I'm unable to decipher or penetrate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian you make the most valid point,there is so much out there that we don't know about because we tend to stick to our own little part of the internet.Mainly because of the reason of language differences, especially for us English speakers who only know English Smile Both Calvin and Gerald have opened the door.