Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day in the Country with the Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Day in the Country with the Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 Reply with quote

I've just put up an album of shots from an afternoon out with the the Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 on the Sony A7 II:

Love to hear your thoughts on the results!

Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2 Album

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Wonderful results. Very sharp and background melts away so smoothly. No coma from what I can see....were any shots at f/1.2?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
...were any shots at f/1.2?

Indeed, i wondered about that as well!

Anyhow a very impressive lens!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words.

I did take some at f/1.2, though I don't think that any of these are. f/1.2 has a definite glow, and is really hard to get just right. Once I've gotten the best results I can, I'll post them up. For now, f/1.2 sees a little too much "user error". Smile

I think this lens may just be the all-day general lens I've been looking for. Something that can do portraits, landscapes, architecture, macro(ish), without too many compromises, and from morning to night.

With the bokeh, I absolutely love it. I did take of the bracket on the rear of the lens so that it's perfectly round which (I think) helps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought one of these to fill a gap in my Hexanon collection. I am still learning how to use it well. Last week I read an article that recommended using an ND filter with super fast lenses in daylight. Sounds like good advice so I have ordered one. Anxious to see how it works.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done similar, but using a permanent circular polariser. I have one of the B+W high-transmission one's on there, so only lose about one stop of light.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely capture! You achieved beautiful separation of the sharply focused fence and the background.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle dream lens, I love it.