Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yet another Helios thread....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Yet another Helios thread.... Reply with quote

Just some images with my recent Helios 44-2 purchase....

1. (the Swirlios)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great samples!
( I want this lens so badly..)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, except the first. It is so unpleasantly swirley in the background, that it looks to be taken with an old Petzval lens. Not my cup of thea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh those are very nice. I like how you threw the swirly one in too...

I find the swirly aspect to be a charactor of the lens I like. A challenge to control sometimes wide open, in bright light, but it can really shine at times and add another dimension to the photo.

As for the other photos they are so Helios 44... the last one especially.

Nice work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos!!!

I only have a 44-4, I have to improve my Helios colection.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first ! it gives life to the pictures even more. Just bought the lens after about an hour of choosing the best Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shot!Lens is good too Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pictures! Like #2 a lot - the colors are great.

I have 2 Helioses, a 44-3 and a 44-M4. I really like them, and they are dirt cheap. Talk about value for money!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb sharp and full of colour! I have this one and for £8 it's the bargain of the century!! How much did you pay for yours?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Martin, lovely shots, I love the Helios colour saturation, great all round lenses, I use them all the time. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios is a great maker - those lenses are all full of character.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99

I like all the pics. Can´t choose one or two.

Congratulations!!

My helios 44-M7 and 44-3 weren't so contrast and satured colors.

They gave more soft colors and less sharp.

Till I remember.

So I did a good thing when sold the 44M-7. Bad copy, sure.

Still have the 44-3.

Regards, Rino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyw wrote:
Superb sharp and full of colour! I have this one and for £8 it's the bargain of the century!! How much did you pay for yours?

I paid £1 for the Helios 44M and the Zenit EM that it came with (which Poolhall now has). The 44-2 which feature in the above shots was £3.49 at the local Oxfam shop. £8 is a reasonable price. Judging by IQ they should go for a lot more.

Thanks all for the comments. I wait to see how my new Biotar compares.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sharp samples Martin - I never tire of seeing the capabilities of this previously unknown (relatively speaking) brand.

Did anybody here win the Helios-44M-7 that went for $142.00 on the 'Bay this morning?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the lens sometimes produce swirls and sometimes smooth bokeh? I presume it's something to do with the lighting conditions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
andyw wrote:

I paid £1 for the Helios 44M and the Zenit EM that it came with (which Poolhall now has). The 44-2 which feature in the above shots was £3.49 at the local Oxfam shop. £8 is a reasonable price. Judging by IQ they should go for a lot more.

Thanks all for the comments. I wait to see how my new Biotar compares.
Shocked How Cheap!!!! I just can't understand why these lenses are SO cheap, they are great lenses!!! Oh well good for us eh! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very underrated lenses it seems, I have a 44-2 and a 44m and both seem to have more than acceptable sharpness wide open and produce distinctive colours and mostly pleasing bokeh, built like a tank too!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 2 superb as are the rest but no 2 has me!! how does it go for building shots?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
No 2 superb as are the rest but no 2 has me!! how does it go for building shots?

Thanks.

It's capable enough, but 58mm on a 1.6x crop I find a bit limiting for that kind of shooting. Even on FF/film I prefer much wider.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my lens today. First look is fine, though blades have some oil, and the front lens has on print inside Confused would that impact the pictures ? thanx

sorry to steal the thread a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures!
The Helios 44-2 definitely is a fun lens, being able to take photo's with manual focus and having to check them on the computer to make sure they turn out like you hoped, it took a bit of getting used to, but yes actually a very sharp lens for its price tag!!

Sony A7r
www.rabsphoto.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhys_b wrote:
Nice pictures!
The Helios 44-2 definitely is a fun lens, being able to take photo's with manual focus and having to check them on the computer to make sure they turn out like you hoped, it took a bit of getting used to, but yes actually a very sharp lens for its price tag!!

Sony A7r
www.rabsphoto.com.au

Hi and welcome to the forum,your first post can not contain images or links,it's an anti spam feature.You can now post either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhys_b wrote:
Nice pictures!

Sony A7r
www.rabsphoto.com.au

Welcome aboard!

Your first post can't contain images (antispam measure) from now on you'll be alright.