Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

4/135 Alu Sonnar dissasembly instructions needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: 4/135 Alu Sonnar dissasembly instructions needed Reply with quote

Dear forum members,
few days ago i have found again the lens that sparked my love for manual glass Smile

4/135 Sonnar in Alu finish. Tuzki with lens

ah it is so nice
Laugh 1

Unfortunately the time has left it's trace and it needs some attention - stiff focus, clouded glass, and in my case bent front ring which prevents the diaphragm ring from rotating.

It is in praktina mount if it matters, but i have found a nice way of adapting it to EOS. i have read here that if you remove the internal ring of T2-EOS adapter the lens fits just perfectly, and it is true Smile

Does anyone have step by step instructions on disassembly. I guess i need to take everything apart, cleaning helicoid, fixing the bent ring, cleaning glass, lubricating and putting it back again.

I promise to document everything in pictures for the generations Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm
I got the lens separated in 2 pieces:
the optical block and the focusing helicoid.

The focusing helicoid is easy to disassemble and clean, but I'm stuck with the lens part.

Any idea how to open this ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a lens spanner, or the internal jaws of a vernier caliper, and unscrew this ring.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloydy,
yes this is possible but i can access only the last element and i want to clean all elements and check the aperture which is jammed (the front was hit really bad bending the filter thread and partially the aperture ring.)

Here 's how it looks from a different angle. Seems that it is one piece and unscrewing those 2-3 screws seen there will not benefit anything.

I guess that can go only from the front taking off the name ring.