Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ruby Beach, Washington State - An Epic Sunset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Ruby Beach, Washington State - An Epic Sunset Reply with quote

I had heard later that this sunset in April of last year (2014) was an astonishing epic red sky all up and down the Washington coastline, lasting about 20 minutes. I was on Highway 101 near Forks, when the colors started to form, so I pulled into the Ruby Beach overlook parking lot. Wanted to see if I could get Ruby Creek in the foreground, so I scurried down the trail to the beach where Ruby Creek enters the ocean. The position enabled me to get the reflection of color onto Ruby Creek, and also a bit of the shoreline of the creek for balance.

The colors are NOT manipulated. The only thing I did to the image was to crop parts of the original. There was a couple from South Carolina visiting the area for the first time, and they just about went nuts looking at this scene. Surprised There was a moderate wind blowing offshore, so the trees on the island/seastack blurred up a little.

I took a few images with a Fuji X-100 digital camera as well, but they just didn't look as good as the scanned Velvia slide.

Ruby Beach Sunset
Contax AX
Zeiss Planar T* 50/1.4
Exposure unrecorded (lots of bracketing but I think mostly metered for the sky and let the seastacks fall into silhouetted black)
Velvia (of course)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruby indeed!

(I saw that color at sunrise the other day http://forum.mflenses.com/bring-forth-the-wonder-that-is-flare-t70815,start,81.html )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!
Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing catch Larry!!
Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story and shot, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog Whoo Turtle