Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Value of Ihagee Anastigmat f=10.5 cm 1:4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Value of Ihagee Anastigmat f=10.5 cm 1:4.5 Reply with quote

Hello gang.
This is one of those annoying can you help me out assessing something post.
I ran across a rather strange lens, and I can't help but wonder whether it is worth anything.

I believe it is an older enlarger lens, which I know nothing about. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if this thing is actually worth anything? For the price it would make even a nice decorative piece, but wanted to see if there is more to it.
You guys are the best.

Last edited by StillSanj on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are rare gems, may next will never comes under decades, current low price means nothing on rarities, surely very valuable , but not many buyers are out there. Keep in respect, take care much of you can. A piece of history...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not possible to see other details, so its difficult to identify.

In particular it would help to see what aperture mechanism it has and whether it has a focusing mount.
At a guess, since it is a barrel lens with no shutter, I think it may be from one of the early Ihagee reflex plate or rollfilm cameras, of which there were quite a lot. Ihagee had plenty of experience with reflex cameras before it came out with the Exakta !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooden box camera lenses are look same often.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know any of that additional information- which is why I'm asking.
Knowing that it's an Ihagee anastigmat f=10.5cm 1:4.5 should tell someone out there what it is, including all of that information. Here is an additional image if it helps-I guess that is some kind of aperture or focus tool?
Either way, if it is from something that was made Quite a lot of, I have not been able to find any other ones. That would be the biggest help in deterring value.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihagee was a camera maker that used lenses from many sources.
Sometimes Ihagee rebadged the lens with its own name, like this one most likely, I don't think it was made by Ihagee itself.

So just the name Ihagee doesn't say much, and the serial number doesn't either. Anastigmat was a term used for many types of corrected lenses at the time, it doesn't really say anything about the lens formula. Most likely this is a triplet of some kind.

Camera models could have lenses of many kinds and specifications, there wasn't much standardization in those days.

From your second picture it looks like this thing has a Waterhouse stop, that is an aperture mechanism that uses removable plates with graduated apertures that go into the slot you see there. Thats a very primitive aperture mechanism that was mostly replaced by iris/blade diaphragm mechanisms by the time the more famous Ihagee cameras were made. Also it seems this was in an original brass finish like most earlier lenses, and not one formerly painted black. So at this time I think this may be a very early lens for a pre-WWI (1912-1914?) wooden camera from the early days of Ihagee. Which should be collectible.

There are Ihagee-specific collectors and societies, you may want to check with them.
List of early Ihagee cameras.
http://www.ihagee.org/Overig/ihgnonex.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Places to contact -

www.ihagee.org
www.exakta.org
www.exaktacircle.org

SOMEBODY there is sure to know something specific.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article (in German, but not hard to figure out) - on Ihagee non-Exakta cameras, including the earliest models.
Not too helpful, as Ihagee does not seem to have produced the sort of wooden plate camera this thing would have gone into. All camera models Ihagee seems to have made used shutters or diaphragms.

http://www.dresdner-kameras.de/ihagee_exakta/klappkameras/klappkameras.html

Closest thing there are actually projection lenses, though thats a stretch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Ihagee of that type is listed there, poor picture though:
http://www.photica.net/lenses/lenses.htm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for your help.
It was $25 so I went ahead and got it and I will go from there, I will probably have to try one of those ihagee or exakta experts.
I'm pretty sure it will be tough to assign a value to it, but maybe it'll be worth something to someone out there.