Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade advice for Sony NEX5T
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Upgrade advice for Sony NEX5T Reply with quote

I'm looking to upgrade my Sony NEX5T and have been keeping an eye on Sony's A6000 model. The price in the UK for body only has dropped to �360 which I think is very good value for money. But, is this the best option to go for? My budget is �400 and the camera must have a built-in EVF. Any advice and recommendations greatly received! Wink

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen A7 sell for 600-700 euro. One could perhaps be had for less. Are you interested in full frame at all? Could you stretch the budget a bit?

Last edited by Pontus on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went from NEX5 to A6000 and never regretted it, the A6000 is a great camera, and the prices are really good now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
I've seen A7 sell for 600-700 euro. One could perhaps be had for less. Are you interested in full frame at all? Could you stretch the budget a bit?

I have a Canon 5DMKII for full frame but I'm looking for a smallish APS-C for when I want to travel light.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have full frame covered with the Canon, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the A6000, ( which I already have ) it really is the logical upgrade from the NEX 5R. It has similar controls and extra features. And a very good kit lens.we

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the A5000 would be an upgrade in terms of sensor . A6000 is very good . Maybe you can find a nex 6 at discounted price?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Fuji X-T10? Or are you tied to using certain lenses and MF lens adapters?
Prices are dropping all the time, especially coming up to Christmas. I am sure you will find a bargain soon.
http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated.

I've decided on the Sony Alpha A6000. I've ordered a new body (as I already have the 16-50mm kit lens) and I paid £323 incl postage which I think is excellent value for money especially when you consider what it cost when first introduced. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck ! We are waiting the shots !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Good luck ! We are waiting the shots !

Me too! Thank you!