Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Odd ball AF zoom lenses for PRAKTICA PB-cameras and one more
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Odd ball AF zoom lenses for PRAKTICA PB-cameras and one more Reply with quote

I guess this BBS is for MF lenses, however this is (most likely) only place I can talk about Prakticars!!!

1. Prakticar 55-200/4.5 AF zoom (PB-mount)

2. Prakticar 75-200/4.5 AF zoom (PB-mount)

3. Starbritz 70-710/4.5 ZF zoom (OM-mount)

They all have the common mechanism, which is a electrical AF system within the lenses themselves.
In the above 1) looks like Tamron made and needs 2 AA batteries, 2) looks like Cosina made and
needs 3 AAAs, and 3) looks like Tomioka or Tokina made and needs 3 AAAs. The only 1) starts
AF automatically when you press a shutter bottom half way, all other lenses need you to press AF
bottom, and all do auto zoom electrically. IQ of these lenses are so so IMHO, although I have not
used them a lot. Sorry the last 3) does not do AF, only does auto zoom, my title may be wrong!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first one looks more like a Sigma (seeing the rubber on the zoom control) - see this http://www.jr-worldwi.de/photo/index.html?Sigma_28mm_1.8.html .

PS. Are they fast (the AF) ? (relatively modern era AF)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their AF is not so fast, workable when you shoot for stable objects. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess this BBS is for MF lenses, however this is (most likely) only place I can talk about Prakticars!!!

Shocked So many stupid people at other places ?!

Prakticars are great cameras and great lenses and you have a beautiful collection might be the most complex on Planet.

Praktica made possibility to millions to learn photography they are part of history we must respect them.

This early AF lenses are pretty monster one. How about their image quality?