Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Turn your old camera into a new Mamiya and get $20 off.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Turn your old camera into a new Mamiya and get $20 off. Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice trick! Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It features one of my favorite lenses 😊

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

We can get more desperate than that...

Last edited by eggplant on Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 That's a pretty daring publicity! I suppose by todays' standards this kind of "negative" targeting would be a no-no move. But this expresses such a nice careless spirit of the era.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bargain of the century:

Turn your poor old Rolleiflex camera into a new Mamiya and get $20 off!

Happy Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I think I'd rather turn my new camera into an old Mamiya (medium format though), if film wasn't so damn expensive and of limited choice.
Oh well, I'm sure someone from the 70's would be glad to change places, since we always prefer what we cannot have. Grass is greener and all that
(especially if shot on colour Fujifilm, and too late for that too).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dejan wrote:
Grass is greener and all that.

Well, and the girls had been much, much prettiest then today's too

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dejan wrote:
Sometimes I think I'd rather turn my new camera into an old Mamiya (medium format though), if film wasn't so damn expensive and of limited choice.
Oh well, I'm sure someone from the 70's would be glad to change places, since we always prefer what we cannot have. Grass is greener and all that
(especially if shot on colour Fujifilm, and too late for that too).

Haha, well said! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
Best bargain of the century:

Turn your poor old Rolleiflex camera into a new Mamiya and get $20 off!

Happy Cat

Well, occasionally the big camera manufacturers did this crazy "Bring Deine Alte ..." marketing stuff here in Switzerland, too.

Did you ever contemplate what's happenin' with the old cameras they collected??

Well, they end up on a big heap. Thousands of them, literally. And since they should disappear from the market, they have to be destroyed. That's not a terribly interesting work, and so it ends up being done by disabled and mentally ill persons in a special, protected workshop. And these guys can't believe their eyes. Some almost cry when they have to drill a big hole into a nice and working camera. They cannot understand what's going on.

That's how it was (is?) done here in Switzerland.

And you wouldn't believe what people had brought in to get the promised benefit.

S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
And since they should disappear from the market, they have to be destroyed.

Well, the old cameras and lenses are too surviving. They stay on the way to the dividends for shareholders. From their point of view it is a real crime. Which should be prevented by any means.

Modern ones are produced much more wisely anyway. They are trusted bodies, and the real workhorses. But with the premeditated end. At the very due time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dejan

.. take more rakia, and you will have an imaginary vintage stuff with a creative boost ..