Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun 28mm f/2.5 Auto MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Sun 28mm f/2.5 Auto MC Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone have some information about this lens? I tried to search everywhere but i found nothing.... Confused

There is a person selling one of these, that seems to be in a very good condition for 25 eur, including shipping costs. Is it a fair price?

Thank you!

Regards,
David

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun was one of the first Japanese third-party lens manufacturers, making lenses for Leica mount in the early 1950's. And they were actual manufacturers, not a marketing company. Various marketing companies sold their products, among them I think Hanimex.

Unfortunately they never had a very good reputation, and were always in the lower category of makers. However, thats not to say they didn't make a good lens sometimes. I have one of their 135/2.8's thats really quite good.

On US ebay that price would be maybe 2x-3x too much.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun 28mm f/2.5 Auto MC Reply with quote

Nice to see you here Dave! I hope you will enjoy to stay here and publish same samples taken with this lens.

jimlizard wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have some information about this lens? I tried to search everywhere but i found nothing.... Confused

There is a person selling one of these, that seems to be in a very good condition for 25 eur, including shipping costs. Is it a fair price?

Thank you!

Regards,
David

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here BobbyR!

I have no experience at all with Sun lenses, thanks for this information! Can you post some samples?