Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei-HFT Sonnar 2.8/135 - fungus problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Rollei-HFT Sonnar 2.8/135 - fungus problem Reply with quote

Hello. Does anybody know how I can get inside of this lens to clean fungus?

Last edited by zgniewany on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollei-HFT Sonnar 2.8/135 Reply with quote

zgniewany wrote:
Hello. Does anybody know how I can get inside of this lens to clean fungus?

Welcome here! I'm sure someone here has an idea...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Smile
I have hope for that. This lens cost me only 25 euro, but for the Clean, Lubricate and Adjust in Kamera-Service they want 95 euro so first i wanna try to clean fungus by self Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fungus but... I can't be 100% sure from looking at this photo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fungus (also on the rear lens). This same was on Orestegor 4/200 (but this lens is much easier to clean)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have experience with this particular model, but I dismantled lots of lenses. First I would try to undo the front ring (by using a rubber piece). If the front ring is part of the front assembly (as is the case e.g. with CZJ MC Sonnar 135/3.5), the entire assembly can be usually removed by undoing one to three grub screws and either simply lifting or unscrewing the front part. After that, you'll have access to the front lens group (I suspect fungus grows on the last element of the front group here).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the first problem - the ring with the name of the lens is bigger than screw for filters. The lens is built differently than CZJ. And I see only 3 little screws on focus ring plus 7 screws on Rollei mount

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YMMV, but this mount is not that simple to reassemble correctly. If you have a previous experience with QBM lenses, go ahead. If not, better send it to a technician. In general, I prefer to "learn" in poor condition lenses before going to more expensive glasses on the same mount.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I won't be removing fungus for this moment. I can't find any information about disassembling. This is one of the reasons. Second one is... I made some photos on the last weekend without adapter.

ISO 100, 1/250s, f4

ISO 100, 1/60s, f4

What do you think about bokeh and sharpness?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witaj zgniewany,

That amount of fungus should not have any sigificant impact on image quality.So if you can stand it,leave it as it is.Just store the lens in a dry place with low humidity to prevent further fungus growth.

BTW:pictures look good to me,especialy if they werer taken without an adapter. Wink