Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Telephoto 105mm/F4 M39/LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Soligor Telephoto 105mm/F4 M39/LTM Reply with quote

Today I've tested my one and only Soligor lens in LTM on my Ricoh GXR-M.
Actually I don't know much about this lens except that it carries a H33xxx serial number and is made in Japan for the German Soligor company. The aperture consists of 10 blades.
I didn't find any other lens in similar focus length and max. aperture in LTM so I don't know who did produce this lens.

However, at least it produces some nice pictures. Wink

The quality isn't bad at all. I was rather surprised.

The boaring test pictures:

1. Infinity landscape stopped down to F11:

2. Apprx. 15m distance fully open F4:

3. MFD apprx. 1.5m at F4:

4. Same as before but with 25mm distance ring at F11:

5. 100% crop of no. 4:

Lens shade was used (as usual) and RAWs have been converted and downsized in LR with minor adjustments but without sharpening.

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures of the lens (just quick and dirty):

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the same lens as the common 4/105 T mount made by Tokina.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas - you say it's LTM fitting - is that actually with rangefinder coupling?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has rangefinder coupling yes. I have it too and think it is Tokina made. Quite nice as you say Wink

I few pictures from mine:
http://manuellfokus.no/soligor-105mm-f4/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Thomas - you say it's LTM fitting - is that actually with rangefinder coupling?

Stephen, as Nordentro mentioned, it's a real LTM coupled lens.

And yes, it maybe a Tokina lens, though there is no comparable Tokina lens in existence which is somehow strange.

Bottom line is that it's more than usable and delivers quite nice quality. I didn't realize shortcomings like CA's or alike, not even fully open at F4.
It's a solid metal construction and also the filter thread diameter of 40.5 mm is quite common for such lenses.

It can be found quite cheap and is available from time to time on "evilbay" or alike, though it's rather rare.
Besides the 105mm lens there was also a 35/3.5 and a 135/3.5 from Soligor in M39/LTM available according Camerapedia but I haven't seen them up to now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same as mine, I also suspect it's a Tokina. Whoever made it, it's a nice little lens .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one small drawback, it vignettes hard far out in the corners on FF (mechanical vignetting).
I have seen this lens as Seastal Ojasi branding too:

http://www.leicashop.com/vintage_jp/leica/lenses-for-m39-screw-mount/various-lenses-for-m39-mount/seastal-f-leica-m39-105-4-ojasi-sku8043-25.html

And if you google that brand, this lens shows up which is a Tokina also branded as Soligor:
http://www.tradera.com/item/302004/240562261/objektiv-tele-seastal-ojasi-1-5-5-f-300mm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
There is one small drawback, it vignettes hard far out in the corners on FF (mechanical vignetting).
I have seen this lens as Seastal Ojasi branding too.

You're right, that's exactly the same lens. It even has a H33xxx serial number.

Sad to learn about the incompatibility issue with your A7. Luckily that's no issue for me with my Ricoh.
One more reason to stay with the Ricoh for RF lenses. Wink