Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 24mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 24mm 2.8 Reply with quote

I want to buy this lens to use it on an A7 ( MF of course ! )
There are the Ai/Ais versions which are MF lenses but also the AF D. This lens is optically identical and it is easy to find in good condition.
I supposed that the manual focusing of this more recent version is not as good but is it good enough ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 35/2 af-d and the mf ai-s 24/2.8 (for sale if you are interested). The focusing is better on the 24, the focus throw is actaly longer on the 35, but the ring has no resistance due to the fact it must be turned by the af motor of the body i guess, i never had the 28/2.8 afd though so i cannot say it s the same as the 35.

Tomas

Last edited by tomasg on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikkor 24mm 2.8 Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
I want to buy this lens to use it on an A7 ( MF of course ! )
There are the Ai/Ais versions which are MF lenses but also the AF D. This lens is optically identical and it is easy to find in good condition.
I supposed that the manual focusing of this more recent version is not as good but is it good enough ?

If you want best MF experience get the ai or ais , akip the afd , though Af-d should have better coatings.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AIS should be good enough for most, I don't use mine all that much because I seem to always grab something else, like my Fuji 28/1.9