Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunset instead of eclipse
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Sunset instead of eclipse Reply with quote

Went out for the evening to watch the moon but here in NE Texas the clouds covered most of the show. We did however have a glorious sunset so I thought I'd share a pic from this evenings sunset as my first one ever here on this forum.

Taken with the Sony a7 + Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AIS - f/16 I think, ISO 100 1/10s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sunset! I missed the whole super moon thing, I was going to set my watch, but fell asleep Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely sunset, Michael! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Nice sunset! I missed the whole super moon thing, I was going to set my watch, but felt asleep :roll:

I set it. I Crawled out of the bed, I managed to grab the MTO 1000 and carry it outside in what felt like freezing cold. I mounted lens and camera on the tripod with my eyes still closed, just to discover that the sky was completely covered with clouds, and no moon was visible anywhere. I waited 15 minutes and then went back to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Nice sunset! I missed the whole super moon thing, I was going to set my watch, but felt asleep Rolling Eyes

I set it. I Crawled out of the bed, I managed to grab the MTO 1000 and carry it outside in what felt like freezing cold. I mounted lens and camera on the tripod with my eyes still closed, just to discover that the sky was completely covered with clouds, and no moon was visible anywhere. I waited 15 minutes and then went back to sleep.

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice sunset shot!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indian summer and clear skies (mostly) here in UK so no excuses!
I have a hundred raws on my samsung. I used the 31A 200-500mm and the 60B 300mm f2.8 + 2x TC. Now I need to figure out some stacking software...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather cooperated for the big event here in the desert Southwest. So was able to capitalize on it.

We also had a nice sunset to start the main event....Taken with a Tamron SP 01A.

oPENING aCT II by wNG 555, on Flickr

Then switched over to a 3M-5A MC 500mm mirror.

oPENING aCT VII by wNG 555, on Flickr

Soon after, tonight's performance began...Moon was entering umbra already as it rose over Superstition Mountain.

tHE mAIN eVENT I by wNG 555, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone - I expect to be out in the Phoenix area withing the next few months - I'll have to try for some moon shots while there! Great shot!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots WNG555 & mpresly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, and Lightshow!

Looking forward to those, Marcus!

Here's a few more from the evening, for those got bad weather or missed it.

A couple more, with a Sony SEL55210...

mAIN eVENT VIII by wNG 555, on Flickr

A close up...

mAIN eVENT IX by wNG 555, on Flickr

Back to the Mak 500mm mirror. Almost at full eclipse....

bLOOD mOON 1 by wNG 555, on Flickr

bLOOD mOON 2 by wNG 555, on Flickr

bLOOD mOON 5 by wNG 555, on Flickr

And a wide shot with a Sigma 30mm f/2.8 Art. Looking east with cities Mesa and Apache Junction below....

bLOOD mOON 6 by wNG 555, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get a couple of shots but I don't have anything MF to get close enough - this is with my m4/3 100-300