Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan 12cm f/4.5 M42 quick test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Trioplan 12cm f/4.5 M42 quick test Reply with quote

Being in excellent condition for a late 1930s Third Reich lens, this one is surprisingly sharper wide-open than both Biotar 75 copies I've yet tried and possibly than Pancolar 80 too (but on f/4.5 of course). It is of course sharper than most of my Meyers, including Trioplan 100 (and I think I finally have its OK copy), various Telemegors or Tele Megors (with f/5.5 to be wide-open), not mentioning extra shitty bokeh-only performer Telemegor 150.

It may however lack contrast and counter-light performance a bit as usual for a 30s lens which certainly does need to be tested properly under better conditions (I'm ill now again Rolling Eyes), this one I decolorated a bit in PS, for I didn't much like the colors (due to bad light, didn't handle it well).

Not sure what bokeh behind butterflies will be, as I don't care anymore this year, nothin's flying.

I only had app. 5 mins to shoot today.

Marek

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got better shooting conditions today, Trioplan seems to be pleasant lens but nothing out of ordinary. So happy to have it though, as it looks perfect in my collection for a 1930s item Very Happy

Bokeh and drawing to be definitely different from highly sought after, critically acclaimed Very Happy Trioplan 100/2.8 but also considerably sharper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, very nice results. Far nicer than the much over-rated 2.8 version imho.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical pre-war Meyer result, more close to modern lenses, than early post-war lenses.
Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, pefrormance beyond my expectations, I love the way these damn old lenses differs from each other

Unlike Biotar 75 this one was pretty affordable, so happy I grabbed the chance to have this fairly rare one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lens on my wish list!

Thank you for your images, as always I love them!