Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 21/2.8 on full frame, anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 21/2.8 on full frame, anyone? Reply with quote

Does anyone have images taken with the Konica Hexanon 21/2.8 on a full frame camera? This lens performs wonderfully on APS-C but I don't have a full frame camera yet so I can't test it. I also have the Olympus OM 21/2 and the Contax 18/4 so I would also appreciate thoughts on how these lenses compare if you happen to have experience with them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a guy who uses it with an A7, it works quiet well. in addition he says that it has a good resistance to flare.
It has some mustache distortion not easy to correct .
This guy is reliable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=254&t=3709617

From what I've seen, it does have a bit of field curvature, but overall it performs well (especially for its size).

Not as good as the legendary 21/2.8 Contax/ZF/ZE Distagon though, just does not have that micro-contrast and color. Admittedly, that lens is big, heavy, and more expensive.

Will be interesting to see the 21mm Loxia as well (but it will not be cheap for sure)

The Zuiko 21/2 has a nice look to it, but quite a bit of vignetting in the corners (the 21/3.5 is more even and less distorted).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padam wrote:

The Zuiko 21/2 has a nice look to it, but quite a bit of vignetting in the corners (the 21/3.5 is more even and less distorted).

The Zuiko 21/2 does vignette wide open but does it vignette more than the 21/3.5 at the same aperture?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I mean is, that the light fall-off transition to the extreme corners is more severe than the 21/3.5 where it is more even
You can see it here even at f/8

Probably not a big deal, just worth mentioning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 21mm f2.8 & Sony A7R Reply with quote

Two test pictures taken with Konica Hexanon 21mm f2.8, and Sony A7R, jpgs straight out from camera, no PP.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these samples, not much vignetting and the corners look decent (but it is hard to tell as there is not much to be seen in the extreme corners).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 21/4, and used it on my A7r, mostly at 5.6
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/konicahexanon214/