Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei Infrared 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Rollei Infrared 400 Reply with quote

Taken on Mamiya C330 and Mamiya Sekor 55mm lens.
I like the TLR for IR photography because the filter can stay on the taking lens all the time while I focus and compose on the upper lens.
T

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog
I can certainly see the benefits of a TLR for this, having shot IR an unmodified DSLR.
Do you have to correct for focus shift at all?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Like Dog
I can certainly see the benefits of a TLR for this, having shot IR an unmodified DSLR.
Do you have to correct for focus shift at all?

Most of my shots are at, or near infinity so there is little to worry about there, especially at higher apertures.
But I do back off the focus just a tad towards the shallow end.
The Mamiya is so easy to use for IR
T

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine result!

It could take more time on SLR while you put filter after composing on. If there be some TLR with wide glass it would be more tempting for me. Ofcourse for my P6TL is 86mm filter on Flektogon not so in game. Tested it before only with Biometar 80/2.8 which have 58mm thread. Then on 135mm format, too. Some Efke R720 are still left in my freezer although for 135mm only.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, I like this result a lot Tom!!
Well done!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.
Here is another shot from the same roll
Tom