Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Re-assembling Soligor 135mm F2.0 (With Pics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re-assembling Soligor 135mm F2.0 (With Pics) Reply with quote

Hello! 3 screws on my soligor 135mm f2.0 got loose without me know so when i was turning the focus ring the optical part of the lens disconnected from the focus/aperture module. If any think they can help me please please write here so i can send some photos of how it looks right now!
Big thanks in advance!

Last edited by bror_svensson on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this would be better suited in repair section, but post photos of the lens here so someone might help you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Soligor 135 / 2.8 but it might help if yours is the same style of lens. If the three screws that are loose on your lens are around the focus grip, somewhere like the arrows in the picture, then gently tighten them and see if you can adjust focus. If you can, set the lens to infinity by focusing on a distant subject - loosen the three screws and gently rotate the focus grip until the infinity mark lines up - tighten the screws and check the lens. Repeat if the focus slipped.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just follow what Lloydy has posted, and it should work great, I can sometimes just grip the focus ring hard and you can adjust the focus, then relax your grip to reset the position of the focus ring.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
This is a Soligor 135 / 2.8 but it might help if yours is the same style of lens. If the three screws that are loose on your lens are around the focus grip, somewhere like the arrows in the picture, then gently tighten them and see if you can adjust focus. If you can, set the lens to infinity by focusing on a distant subject - loosen the three screws and gently rotate the focus grip until the infinity mark lines up - tighten the screws and check the lens. Repeat if the focus slipped.

That unfortenatly didn't work

here are some photos

the screw in the circle was the one which came loose.

So the main problem im finding after sitting most of the night figuring out the lens is those two bronze colored sticks that you see in the first picture, they sit super close to the threads and they do not rotate, only the threads do when focusing. I originally thought i could just screw on the optical part but is not happening becuse of those bronze things.

If you need any more photos to see a specific part ill upload the directly!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion from your pics, you will find it very difficult to re-engage the helicoid (the focussing thread) without first removing the mount.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
In my opinion from your pics, you will find it very difficult to re-engage the helicoid (the focussing thread) without first removing the mount.

What exactly is the heliocoid?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bror_svensson wrote:
marcusBMG wrote:

What exactly is the heliocoid?

I broke and fixed it at the same time. It now work to focus but the aperture is stuck wide open. that's is were i always shoot so not does not matter to be but the re-sale value is now second to none.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 4th pic is clearly visible (top center of the lens) a "slot" where the "tongue"" visible in pic 2 must go to command the aperture, if the tongue doesn t fit then try to insert the horizontal pin, that is just right from the tongue. I bet that if you move one or the other the aperture will move. When you re assembled the lens you missed it to put the tongue or the pin in the slot. Sorry for the basic explanation, but english is not my first language.

Tomas