Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Revuenon (Cosina) 55/1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Revuenon (Cosina) 55/1.2 Reply with quote

Finally got my adapter Pentax-K to nex Smile. Some of the shots I've taken today. Tell me what do you think about it (the lens Very Happy), is it a keeper?

#1@ f1.2

#2 @f2

#3@ f1.2

#4@ f1.2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great.
I'm not going to specify further Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The #4 photo is trippy! Cool Smile

Keep the lens and definitely keep the model Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kukhuvud wrote:

I'll have to keep the model, she's my wife Laughing had doubts about the lens ))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTI wrote:
kukhuvud wrote:

I'll have to keep the model, she's my wife Laughing had doubts about the lens ))

According to the information I found on pentaxforums, this lens is actually made by Tomioka, not Cosina. Cosina made a 55/1.2 but it was only sold under the Porst brand. The Cosina branded 55/1.2 is made by Tomioka too.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/374079-post20.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These have a nice sort of glow even in this flat light. The oof area is a bit busy but, I bet it would be better stopped down a bit.
I think you have some things to keep !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
RTI wrote:
kukhuvud wrote:

According to the information I found on pentaxforums, this lens is actually made by Tomioka, not Cosina. Cosina made a 55/1.2 but it was only sold under the Porst brand. The Cosina branded 55/1.2 is made by Tomioka too.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/374079-post20.html

Don't know what they say there. A more common opinion is that all PK mount 55mm/1.2 lenses were made by Cosina. Some people thought though that their optical formula is defferent from the original Tomioka design. But some brave people had disassembled them and found the design is identical (or at least very similar) to Tomioka's http://forum.mflenses.com/tomioka-zeiss-mamiya-and-55-1-4-design-t22661,start,15.html#214489

EDIT: I think the confusion with Porst is due to a fact there are 2 different Porst 50-55mm/1.2 lenses: one with PK mount and one with Fujica mount. They are indeed different externally and internally, here is a Fujica one http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=26534

Last edited by dimitrygo on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:

Don't know what they say there. A more common thought is that all PK mount 55mm/1.2 lenses were made by Cosina. Some people thought though that their optacal formula is defferent from the original Tomioka design. But some brave people had disassembled them and found the design is identical to Tomioka's.

I'm not sure about the optical design, might be a copy of Tomioka, but this Revuenon is definitely made by Cosina.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTI wrote:
kukhuvud wrote:

keep both!!

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my approach is shot many of portrait my second half with a particular lens, but show her only the best, not even the second best, and explain how lovely she is Cool

Anyway, you can't have too many f1.2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing ! Best Performance on Consina!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback Smile

The lens is fine, but I feel it's too big for my nex-5, and I don't have a Pentax body Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have edited my post above and added some links.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTI : love that first shot, really pops.

I bought one of these and absolutely love it : this is the first shot I took with it about 1 hour after I received it, leaving the office !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frogfish wrote:
RTI : love that first shot, really pops.

I bought one of these and absolutely love it : this is the first shot I took with it about 1 hour after I received it, leaving the office !

Thank you. Wonderful bokeh in your pic.
I wanted a rokkor 58/1.2 but I think I have to investigate this lens more, as it has a look of its own Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who design this lens? Is it a 'Porst/Yashinon/Revuenon/Cosina Tomioka 55 f1.2' ?

Edit:
Found this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/today-i-got-a-porst-55mm-f1-2-mc-pentax-k-lens-t4102.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Who design this lens? Is it a 'Porst/Yashinon/Revuenon/Cosina Tomioka 55 f1.2' ?

Edit:
Found this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/today-i-got-a-porst-55mm-f1-2-mc-pentax-k-lens-t4102.html

Apparently, opinions differ, but the information from MiserereMei that I linked to earlier (which said that Cosina and Revuenon are made by Tomioka, with the Porst being made by Cosina) is backed up by the fact that the Porst is widely reputed as having a distinctive soft effect when used wide open - this is not the case with my Cosina and does not seem to be the case either with the Revuenon that a flickr contact is using. Whatever the manufacturers really are, the Porst seems to be of a different make than the others.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving this old thread for the sake of some quick garden pictures taken today.
Revuenon 55mm f1.2 in PK mount
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And an image that utilizes the beautiful OOF glow at widest aperture.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to distinguish might be measuring the radioactivity of this lens. My Porst 1.2/55 mm in PK is the most active lens in my kit, with roughly 40 µSv/h at the back of the lens. Would be interesting to see if the same is true for this lens as well.