Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Your favorite color and B&W low light film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Your favorite color and B&W low light film Reply with quote

Dear all,
when is getting dark, like dusk, when you are indoors and the light still is not plenty
what would be your choice in terms of brand and iso film for color and black and white photography?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choice digital camera in this situation or better lighting hi ISO just not good simple on film.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case I go either for a tripod or select the proper light (e.g. flash). I don't really like the grainy high ISO films in color.
Though, for B&W I liked the Ilford HP5 quite a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Fuji FP-3000B instant film. It has an amazing 3000 ISO and works great indoors. I have to use an ND filter when outdoors with it.
Unfortunately Fuji just stopped producing it but it is available until the current stock is gone.
Pete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For B&W Tri-X at ISO 1600 or 3200 stand develop in HC-110 for 60 minutes @68 Deg F. See the test scans, http://forum.mflenses.com/tri-x-stand-develop-iso-400-1600-and-3200-t67866.html.

Color indoors, I would use flash. You might try Fuji Superia X-tra ISO 800.

Outdoors, sturdy tripod with ISO 400 negative film. Probably ok to under-expose by 1 stop.

I should do a test on that. Planning a photo trip to the coast tomorrow. I'll have to remember to throw a roll of color film in the bag.

Phil