Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: bargain/faulty 5D mark II + 2.5/90MFLENS + Xtras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: FS: bargain/faulty 5D mark II + 2.5/90MFLENS + Xtras Reply with quote

Hi,
Photography was (still is) just an expensive hobby for me and currently I am struggling more and more to get time to go out for shooting… I did check my last 2 years and the “mileage” was only 1.200 shots/year!!
After some consideration and in hope to better focus my needs, I decided to sell 2 digital cameras that I am using not so often to justify keeping and keep just ONE digital camera… To begin with, I put for sale a low shutter actuation CANON 5D mark II + xtras.
This camera was bough NEW for a (filmimg) work/job and after that it was kept as “backup camera” and for eventual new filming projects in collaboration with a friend photographer… This camera had very little usage (I though around 10k shutter actuations) but after using a shutter count (Eos Utility) it only have 6.051 actuations……..
It is in excellent cosmetic condition and all functions work properly* . There is however a small issue with the shutter-dial (the dial at top to change the shutter speed) that at times when dialed did not change the speed! It is not a firmware problem but a problem with the dial itself (the rubber of the dial or its internal gears does not get the proper grip) and one should continue to dial until it get new grip and change the speed… Usually one needs to continue rotating the dial 5-6 steps more to increase the speed (I estimate around 20-30% of dial malfunction) … I quote this repair at Canon Official service: 75Eur + VAT. The replacement part (CG2-2331-000) costs around 20Eur only...

Since the camera can be operated without big troubles because of this issue, I rather keep it that way for now.

The sale includes:
1x CANON 5D2 faulty* 8see above)
1x Sigma DG-500 ETTL Flash
2x batteries (1 original)
1x Compactflash card 8Gb x233
1x old camera case
1x TAMRON SP 2.5/90mm MACRO & Dedicated 2x Converter & t2-eos Adapter

PRICE: 950Eur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to this lot, I can include the kit-lens CANON EF 24-105 F/4 L IS USM for more 550Eur

Now, added some pics from this sale.

[/url]

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20158/big_3717_img00_1.jpg]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry I'm not familiar with the 5D controls but doesn't the same wheel adjust the aperture as well, if so does it function correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
Hi, sorry I'm not familiar with the 5D controls but doesn't the same wheel adjust the aperture as well, if so does it function correctly.

Normally the aperture is adjusted by the wheel on the rear of the camera but the functions of both can be swapped.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Tervueren wrote:

Normally the aperture is adjusted by the wheel on the rear of the camera but the functions of both can be swapped.

CORRECT!
The dial for aperture is at back right side of LCD.

The shutter-dial is at top and lets add a pic to illustrate the issue:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both