Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Takumar 35mm f/2.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Auto Takumar 35mm f/2.3 Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to acquire a nice looking copy of this rare lens, and have been shooting with it when I have time. Mostly on film.
It's a fascinating lens. Its character changes a fair bit depending on aperture used.

I did snap a digital image or two on my Canon 60d when I had a chance, so I thought I'd share one of them. (More will follow later)

And a black and white render (Which I prefer)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a great lens, I recommend to see on full screen , click on picture and watch!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a surprisingly strong lens I have to say!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 24 MP FF the Takumar 2.3/35mm is VERY soft wide open, but stopped down things get better, and there are surprisingly little CAs (less than with contemporary Minolta 35mm lenses).

It certainly is a "character lens".

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more pics. I love this lens very very much.

Pampas grass:

Smooth bokeh test

Crop:

Harsh light test

Crop:

And some random stuff:

Crop:

This is now one of my favourite lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually started to collect Auto Takumars now, as I think they are immensely good value and produce a unique look. I also have an Auto Tak 55mm f2, which is great, and ordered a bragain 105mm. I would love to hear reports on other Auto Taks, if anybody can share?

Rudolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a nearly perfect copy of the 105. I like the glass quite a bit. I usually use it for all my macro shots along with my Nikon E 100mm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an auto takumar, 35mm f2.3

My only concern is that it's too light, do you share this concern? Does a lighter lens usually signify lesser quality glass elements?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidblue1984 wrote:
I have an auto takumar, 35mm f2.3

My only concern is that it's too light, do you share this concern? Does a lighter lens usually signify lesser quality glass elements?

Not really no. Mine is made entirely from metal, and mechanically it is as lovely as all the taks. Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Takumar 35mm f/2.3 Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
I was lucky enough to acquire a nice looking copy of this rare lens, and have been shooting with it when I have time. Mostly on film.
It's a fascinating lens. Its character changes a fair bit depending on aperture used.

I did snap a digital image or two on my Canon 60d when I had a chance, so I thought I'd share one of them. (More will follow later)

And a black and white render (Which I prefer)
I have acquired the same Lens love it

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried posting picture,cant seem to do even though its acts like I did[/url]

Last edited by JOHNAPP on Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHNAPP wrote:
tried posting picture,cant seem to do even though its acts like I did

Usually first post just shows up after a reply (anti-spam measure) but I don't see the markers. The picture upload is not totally intuitive. After you choose and upload and press send you have to complete with "standard" or "add another upload" it will display below the image.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Ill try again one picture from 35mm2.3 and one more