Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Plitvice lakes, Samyang 14/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Plitvice lakes, Samyang 14/2.8 Reply with quote

The lakes of Plitvice, Croatia, all taken with the Samyang 14/2.8

http://www.pbase.com/tomasg_71/plitvice_2015

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful lakes and great photoghraphs Tomas!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A superb series of photos made with lens very similar to what I have that will make anyone living 1.000 km around the place want to visit. But don't.

Every Czech wandering through Croatia knows Plitvice as one of the best Vinnetou movies has been done there (well, at least the very end scenes). And every Czech certainly knows Vinnetou for being broadcasted by local tellies on a very regular basis.

So far so good but the place is a turistic disaster and most commercial natural sightseeing place I have yet witnessed (OK, Machu Picchu will be probably worst on this). Was there with family this year, and it really sucked, it sucked very hard in comparison with every second place on Balkan that nobody knows they exist.

Plitvice shoud be renamed to Moneymaking Lakes.

Plus it is poor on butterflies Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice with the fish!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Wonderful lakes and great photoghraphs Tomas!

Thanx Klaus!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
A superb series of photos made with lens very similar to what I have that will make anyone living 1.000 km around the place want to visit. But don't.

Every Czech wandering through Croatia knows Plitvice as one of the best Vinnetou movies has been done there (well, at least the very end scenes). And every Czech certainly knows Vinnetou for being broadcasted by local tellies on a very regular basis.

So far so good but the place is a turistic disaster and most commercial natural sightseeing place I have yet witnessed (OK, Machu Picchu will be probably worst on this). Was there with family this year, and it really sucked, it sucked very hard in comparison with every second place on Balkan that nobody knows they exist.

Plitvice shoud be renamed to Moneymaking Lakes.

Plus it is poor on butterflies Smile

Marek, i completly agree with you. One simply can t enjoy the place, it simply doesn t make any sense walking in a cue all the time in a natural park and instead of enjoying the scenery one has to be careful not to bump or be bumped off the wooden walking path into the water Evil or Very Mad It s a "miracle" i was able to take these pics and this is why i brought only the 14 mm with me, simply too problematic to change a lens when some 100 people are pressing behind you Sad The place is also a good spot to see what photography is to an average pearson today, among phones and DSRL-s with kit lenses without any hood, i saw one pearson with a Nikkor 14-24 lens, one guy with a mirrorless cam and one with a digital leica with what looked to me like a silver 35mm biogon lens.
I strongly racommend to anyone visiting the place in autumn or even winter.

No butterflys but i saw mans dragonflys Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Very nice with the fish!

Thank you, yes that one came out well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:

+1

The only good time to visit Plitvice is late autumn or winter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pictures!

From what I read here, I am really happy that I visited Plitvice already more than 30 years ago. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle I always wanted to go there! Beautiful series! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Whoo Turtle I always wanted to go there! Beautiful series! Thank you!

Thanx Attila, as already mentioned, go there at the end of September or beggining of October, accomodation will be even cheaper than now (35 eur/night 2 pearsons room).