Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica PB Sonnar 135mm f3.5 Carl Zeiss Jena
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Praktica PB Sonnar 135mm f3.5 Carl Zeiss Jena Reply with quote

One of the best what I did ever try, PB mount lenses are fantastic value for money.

Last edited by Attila on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Praktica PB Sonnar 135mm f3.5 Carl Zeiss Jena Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
PB mount lenses are fantastic value for money

Sure, their prices are silly compared to their M42 counterparts.

Only thing that botheres me is their build quality. I've never have one, because most of them looks fragile and sloppy even on photos (odd rubber rings, etc.). Is this true or not?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true at all, their build quality is fine good as than Nikon or Minolta etc, a few ones has cheap material only.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The build quality is fine, the Zeiss ones being a but higher in build quality than the Pentacons.

I collect PB Zeiss as they are such good value, I don't have them all (yet) but those I do have - 1.8/50, 3.5/135, 2.4/35 are among by favourite lenses. I will add the 2.8/20, 1.4/50, 2.8/50, 1.8/80 and 2.8/200 eventually.

The Pentacons are worth collecting too, not quite as good as the Zeiss but still fine lenses, I have them all as they are so cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a pb flektogon 2.4/35 for something like 60 euros (1/3 of the m42 version, roughly), and I was extremely surprised by the incredible quality of the coatings - easily the best among non western zeiss lenses of this age that I own, and build quality, which is absolutely on par with good Japanese brands of the time: it had some oil on the blades, but it's easy to clean and it happens with brands with good reputation for build quality. For the pentacons, i tried the 28/2.8, the 50/1.8 and the 135. Not bad, but the 135 is the only really interesting one imho.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats