Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A6000 puzzle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Sony A6000 puzzle Reply with quote

I was taking some snaps of my grandson using the A6000 and kit lens.When I looked at the shots at least 4 of them appeared to have 'cropped' twins of the previous photo. Here are a pair with the exif data showing (screenshots). The photos seem to be taken at the same second and are numbered consecutively. I have noticed this before.

Whats happening here?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you enabled Auto Object Framing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a gimmick function in the newer Sonys called something like Auto Portrait Framing and for some unexplained reason it's turned on by default.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'twins' seem to be different crops. Some like this - off-centre, some horizontal, some vertical. And the weird thing is it only does this when I'm taking photos of baby Isaac - never any other time. I took about 50 similar photos of my baby grand daughter a couple of days earlier and never saw this phenomena.

I'll look into 'auto object framing'.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot raw? ha.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin and miran are right , I have disabled it in my A5000 . I really don't see the reason of this feature for someone Who knows what to do with a camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Calvin and miran are right , I have disabled it in my A5000 . I really don't see the reason of this feature for someone Who knows what to do with a camera.

It's disabled now thanks. I don't see the reason for this feature at all, it's so random and only works on Isaac anyway!