Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are the worst bargains you have found ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: What are the worst bargains you have found ? Reply with quote

You all know the other thread showing some pretty cool deals... But the opposite is possible ! I love to explore ebay or other websites, and I have seen some very funny things.

This one takes the cake.

What are the worst deals you have ever seen ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst 'bargain' buy was a Derek Gardener 100/2.8 which cost one pound, I had hoped that it would be useable but I was wrong. It wasn't worth a penny never mind a pound.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Epson V700, used, off ebay. For what I thought was a good price.

But the shipper didn't offer insurance, and didn't package it very well either. It arrived damaged beyond use.

And although I had the option of returning it, the cost of shipping it back made that option prohibitive. I ended up getting a measly $100 refund. Now I have $300 of useless scanner sitting in a box.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculously overpriced listings are common on ebay, just look at any "valet" listing.