Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some E6 slide results from Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Some E6 slide results from Philippines Reply with quote

Got three E6 Fuji Slide films processed at last and have scanned with my old Epson 1650 flatbed scanner + Vuescan Pro to show.
All on Pentax ME Super with various lenses.
'Gay Pride' or a 'Bayot' -- in the middle of traffic posing for me !! They love being photographed ! Outdated Sensia II rated 80 ASA, Pentax -A 29-80mm f3.5-4.5 Zoom at full aperture
Phils 21015 : 'Gay Pride' !! by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
The Baywalk on Palawan Island, outdated Velvia 50 rated 32ASA, 24mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena lens
Phils 2015 49 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Typical NIPA HUT home with 'Tricycle' -- Bairan, Cebu, outdated Velvia 50 rated 32 ASA, 50mm f1.7 Pentax-M lens
Phils 2015 : Typical Nipa Hut by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Siesta Time !! Naga, Cebu, outdated Velvia 50 rated 32 ASA, 50mm f1.7 Pentax-M lens at f2.8
Phils 2015: Siesta Time! by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Dusk frm a Restaurant, Palawan Island, outdated Velvis 50 rated 32 ASA, 75-300mm f5.5 Hanimex zoom at f5.6
Phils 2015 : Dusk on Palawan by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Peter, well the exposure looks good with your ISO adjustment. Did you have to do any color correction?

I have some outdated Provia 100 and Velvia 50. I've only shot one roll of the Provia so far and it had some magenta tint to it, requiring adjustment in post. But I didn't change the ISO value. So I'm curious -- how far out of date were the films you used for this series? Mine were only a few years out when I bought them, and I've kept them frozen. The guy I bought them from kept them frozen as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning --- well I was given these films by a Camera Club member NOT in the original boxes so I have no record of the date but he said " A few years outdated -- at least 5 years" and I did a test on each type and found the ASA for the Velvia 50 was best at 32 ASA and for the Sensia II 100 -- 80 ASA -- with 'slide' films what happens is the age and 'Cosmic Ray 'fogging lowers the 'D-max' and you don't have to give so much extra exposure as you would with outdated NEGATIVE films -- when I rated the Velvia at 40 ASA there was a slight Magenta cast but it cleared at 32 ASA --- only on a couple did I add some Green after scanning. Hope this helps -- regards -- Peter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. The only outdated negative film I've dealt with so far has been Plus-X pan (ISO 125), which expired in 1983. I'd kept it frozen since I bought it in the early 90s and the guy I bought it from claimed he had kept it frozen also. I had a couple dozen rolls of the stuff and started to finally go through it about five years ago. Used my last roll earlier this year. I developed the Plus-X according to the directions and initially found the negatives to be somewhat on the thin side, so I added about a minute to the developing time, and that took care of the problem.

I have some old C-41 that I plan to develop (already exposed), but I don't know how old it is and so I'll just be winging it when I finally get around to developing it. I had a lab develop the Provia I mentioned before, but in the future, I'll be doing it myself. It's getting too hard to find decent developing at decent prices anymore, so I'm starting to do it all myself now. Saves quite a bit of money and the B&W and E-6 results have been quite satisfactory so far. I've yet to do any C-41, but it shouldn't be much different from E-6, from what the directions indicate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning again ! Well, I have processed C41 for many years BUT my supply of the developer parts A B and C is down to the LAST bottles -- I got the developer from a wholesaler here in England who only do DIGITAL now-- NO traditional lab chemicals any more -- I was GIVEN lots of the C41 bleach and I got some C41 Fixer very cheap years ago on 'sale' -- regarding E6 --- the kits here are very expensive and it's not worth buying for just a few so I get a man who does E6 professionally about 22 miles away and my Sister-in-Law now lives only 300 yards from him so can drop off films and collect processed films. -- When I do C41 I AGITATE every 30 secs as it was designed for machine processing with continuous movement through -- keep developing tank in a pot of hot water to keep temp up to 100oF and check with thermometer after every few agitations. -- if OLD C41 I should give say 15 secs MORE on the developing time -- keep snapping ! Regards -- Peter from across the Pond ( SUNNY here today but NO OIL underneath the ground here worse luck ! )