Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm Makro-Domiplan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: 50mm Makro-Domiplan Reply with quote

Well, sort of a 'Makro-Domiplan'. . . the (in)famous 50mm f2.8 Domiplan in front of a Soligor x2 teleconverter and a Topcon No.2 extension tube (about 10mm). Stopped down to f5.6 and hand held. Not bad really . . . everyone should have a Domiplan Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domiplan is the black sheep of the Meyer family. Many people have tried it because it is so cheap, if for no other reason. It's a crap shoot whether you get a good one, a bad one, or one in between. I bought one that was bad, then bought another that was very good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice.

But I think that if you take the same picture With another tessar type lens or a good triplet like the lanthar, you will obtain a sharpest and/or contrastier picture.

It seems that the soligor did a decent work.

Last edited by papasito on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back element is held in place with three diagonal grub screws. Bad design, it often shifts and is a pain to get properly centred. That is why so many are poor but it is a problem that can be fixed, albeit a tricky and fiddly task.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from my comment about the lens, that is a very good result, especially since a teleconverter was used.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to click on the image to see the image better.

Domiplan plus a teleconvertor and extension tube, you are very brave to have tried that Laughing It seemed to have worked. The fact it's handheld is staggering,I have to ask which camera was used?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments, everyone. Mo - that shot was taken on my Lumix G1. The wide-open performance is , er, well, not very good . . . but things improve greatly at f5.6.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive Stephen.
Nice result.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you "everyone should have one". And the result is impressive.

I prefer domiplan for it's soap bubble bokeh when used wide open.

My cousin Özgür Kerem Bulur tried reversed domiplan a long time ago on extension tubes. Here is a sample from his profile.

It's not the best macro lens but it can be used when there is no other option.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - ! That puts my effort to shame.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guraydere wrote:
I agree with you "everyone should have one". And the result is impressive.

I prefer domiplan for it's soap bubble bokeh when used wide open.

My cousin Özgür Kerem Bulur tried reversed domiplan a long time ago on extension tubes. Here is a sample from his profile.

It's not the best macro lens but it can be used when there is no other option.

Wow.

Very good!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:

No Smile Actually i prefer yours. Well isolated subject with nice colors. Magnification race is another league.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guraydere wrote:
scsambrook wrote:

No Smile Actually i prefer yours. Well isolated subject with nice colors. Magnification race is another league.

Very good point.

Obviously. Scsambrook is better photographer than the domiplan as lens, by far.