Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New diaphragm blades for Meyer Trioplan 2.8/100mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: New diaphragm blades for Meyer Trioplan 2.8/100mm Reply with quote

I found a nice Trioplan 100mm in M42 mount with broken/mangled diaphragm blades (15 of them, with two pins, one in one side and the other on the opposite side).
If anybody else went through this problem before, I'd like to know if any other Meyer lens use the same kind of blades.
I tried with a Meyer 200mm with 15 blades, but the blades are different.
Another option would be a black Primotar 3.5/135mm, but this time I want to ask first, before dismantling the lens!

If I can't find identical blades, another option would be to find a diaphragm block of identical diameter, and adapt it to the Trioplan, but I'd like to try to keep the lens original, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for the help

cheers

Paolo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump Smile

If anybody missed my original post, here it is again.
I'm also willing to buy an aluminum Trioplan 100mm in awful state, and beyond repair (broken, chipped, heavily scratched glass, or any other disaster), but with good diaphragm leaves. I guess that any version would do fine (Exakta, Praktina, M42).
My first choice would be to find a donor lens, though.

thanks

Paolo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do an ebay search "parts trioplan 100" and have email updates.
I was going to tell you you could calculate the Aperture diameter and find a similar one, but then I realized that would be problematic.
a) Lens' focal lengths are typically rounded to the nearest typical focal length.
b) This only gives you the diameter of the entrance pupil (effective aperture), not the actual aperture diameter.

https://www.edmundoptics.com/resources/application-notes/imaging/lens-iris-aperture-setting/

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trioplan might be one of the few lens that needs no diaphragm. Most of the time I just shot wide open. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a busted trioplan on ebay, sat there for quite a while but it looks like it finally got sold.