Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got cheated by sun*shine*girl
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Got cheated by sun*shine*girl Reply with quote

Bought a set of LEICA parts and most importantly a FOCOTAR enlarger lens with that.
Seller sun*shine*girl took about two weeks to get it shipped with tons of long winded
explainations ("shipped but came back" etc.), then after putting some pressure on her
it gets finally shipped. Once I collected it from the customs offic here after shelling
out some $60, I opened it there to find out that the lens was missing in the unopened
package!!

Complained to her right after return home and got a "it was there when I packed it"
yada yada, again long winded response.

She promised to look after it, but of course no response and after some time, filed a
ebay complaint, then she gets upset as the funds "were taking out her paypal account
which now is negative".

She promised to find me a replacements lens, but no response as expected actually....

So after further 5 days, ebay refunds completely and closes the case, but still I have
lost $60 and quite a bit nerves...

NEVER EVER AGAIN WITH "sun*shine*girl" !!!

Last edited by kds315* on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit amazed that she has not been kicked off ebay yet - they are very tough on sellers like that. You should still leave a negative feedback.

PS. The real robbery is $60 duty on $180 purchase.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly there will be a negative rating!! On Optics here in Germany there is a 25% import tax (19% VAT + 6% on optics), VAT also on the shipping cost!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
VAT

I feel blessed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the miracle about the disappeared from my package Focotar 100mm lens
fially came to light. A few days ago the lens appears on ebay by a professional
seller here Click here to see on Ebay at an outrageous price. So obviously
my seller was either contacted after I won and got a ridiculous offer, so could
not resist cheating me, or was searching sellers while withholding my package
for nearly two weeks ("package came back, had to ship it again...") until she
found someone who was willing to quickly buy....

Just shows how much greed there is around...

Btw, that also puts seller "leica-post" in some rather strange light...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have encounter a similar case in the past. The seller told me the lens is broken after I won the lens. After few months, the lens appear on eBay with the exact SN for much more. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I have encounter a similar case in the past. The seller told me the lens is broken after I won the lens. After few months, the lens appear on eBay with the exact SN for much more. Wink

Unfortunately the paid taxes (approx $60) are a loss...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

I lost small amount of money due to currency conversion too. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think after seeing this outcome, she/he needs to go in the sellers to avoid thread.....outright dishonesty.You buy a group of items and expect to get all the items. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

In Finland we can apply for customs and tax office to return the overpaid costs. You have to send papers about original payment and refund, then it takes about three months for office to handle the request. Could it be that you have similar system in Germany?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ks73 wrote:
kds315* wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

In Finland we can apply for customs and tax office to return the overpaid costs. You have to send papers about original payment and refund, then it takes about three months for office to handle the request. Could it be that you have similar system in Germany?

I thought about trying that, but the paperwork and time demands are very high here in Germany.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Just ONE negative experience ... doesn't give one the right

I disagree. It's one thing when you get screwed because a seller is ignorant or inexperienced, and it's completely another when a seller knows exactly what he/she is doing. Moral flexibility of this sort tends to extend beyond one single transaction.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Himself wrote:
Just ONE negative experience ... doesn't give one the right

I disagree. It's one thing when you get screwed because a seller is ignorant or inexperienced, and it's completely another when a seller knows exactly what he/she is doing. Moral flexibility of this sort tends to extend beyond one single transaction.

It is about individual sellers vs companies: a single seller misbehaving is of much higher importance (also percentage wsie)
than a professional seller with 10 thousands of ratings and a few bad marks Exclamation

It was meant to inform, not to discuss
********* thread locked **********