Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New mobile interface
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: New mobile interface Reply with quote

I do work now on forum, goal is replace current templates to responsive one, sorry for shortcuts , errors if may happen.
Reader interface on white template already replaced, you can read on any device tablet, phones desktop computer well, pictures are adjusted to display. Still need to fix several issues especially on smaller devices, I had to hurry to launch new interface due Google start to hit badly those sites what are not mobile friendly.
If you experienced any errors please report them to me, black and olive template not replaced yet, only default .

Last edited by Attila on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing great job .....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New mobile interface Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Google start to hit badly those sites what are not mobile friendly

how does it tell which one is friendly?
(I'd like to know because doing some web-work myself)

emoticons look like totems Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still need many minor adjustments
I did use bootstrap framework and genuine phpbb template
https://developers.google.com/webmasters/mobile-sites/mobile-seo/?hl=hu-HU&utm_source=MFT&utm_medium=incoming-link&utm_campaign=MFT

Here is tester

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is one step forward and about 7 steps backward to design all pages mobile-friendly. Mad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Attila.

I just tried it and I can tell you it works alright on a Sony XPeria Z1 compact and Android 5.0.2

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's working all right in general, however the bright orange font in headers (for instance while I am typing this message ''Post a reply" header is in this font) and table columns needs to go. Please change it to something dark and neutral, like dark blue. My board style is "mflenses".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I think it is one step forward and about 7 steps backward to design all pages mobile-friendly. Mad

yes, huge work and need to code manually Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
I think it's working all right in general, however the bright orange font in headers (for instance while I am typing this message ''Post a reply" header is in this font) and table columns needs to go. Please change it to something dark and neutral, like dark blue. My board style is "mflenses".

Done.

May need to clear browser cache to apply changes promptly.

Last edited by Attila on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Hello Attila.

I just tried it and I can tell you it works alright on a Sony XPeria Z1 compact and Android 5.0.2

Smile

Thank you ! Keep testing, small changes like narrow lines, wrong colors etc will be fixed soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Done.

May need to clear browser cache to apply changes promptly.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit box, reply , post box now should works more pleasant from mobile, Emotions got more space,
Add poll box is gone temporarily.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Edit box, reply , post box now should works more pleasant from mobile, Emotions got more space,
Add poll box is gone temporarily.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a little bizzare on windows mobile, but I cant imagine there are to many of me so don't worry. :p

Honestly however, using the standard desktop theme on my mobile has been sufficient previously.

But this currently is a thousands times better then the previous one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At many places still need to fix changes, thank you for your feedback !I will check it out on Windows Mobile as well, if you can post a print screen that would be always helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, I have just had the thumbnail problem with my images as well.
See:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1445694.html#1445694

OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the system list 100 posts per page now which was 10 posts in the past. My browser almost crash when loading the photos. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I set it back to 25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is better now. I forget it was 15 before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better for search engines if more topics, pages comes before pagination, this is why I did increase it, I hope 25 is a good compromise, if not let me to know I will reduce it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rating link disabled, may temporarily may final, it caused serious error to Google bot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to avoid mobile versions of web pages since most of them strip all the links and tools I like to use, one of the worst offenders is DPR, to see the last post in a 5 page thread you have to go through all 5 pages, and on my iPhone, it seems to reset back to the mobile version every 24 hours, how is that mobile friendly?
So long as all the tools and links are available within the page(drop down menus?), and a link to the desktop version and a cookie to remember the users preference, I think most will be ok with mobile versions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to keep all important functions on mobile, mobile is always a compromise.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is related to your changes Attila, but I can't change my profile. Every time I click on the Submit
button, I get an error message. I was trying to change from the white to the black interface.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking, thank you!