Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Huge camera-shop in Prague
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Huge camera-shop in Prague Reply with quote

I just came back from a five-day stay in Prague, and only yesterday morning could visit the huge camera-shop of Jan Pazdera in Prague. He has about four or five show-windows and a huge selection of new and old cameras, lenses and accessories. I couldn't compare many prices, but his Russian lenses are quite reasonable. In case you are in Prague, don't forget to visit his shop:

Jan Pazdera
Vodičkova 30,
Prague 1

I`m sure there are members from Prague in this group, who know his shop and can give additional information. Also check comments on the internet.

Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its a good shop on the the same streeet is also Skoda photographic which is pretty good too Very Happy (afaik not beeen in a while)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm a regular window shopper at Pazdera's. The only problem is, that this place is so well known - all the good stuff is usually sold right after they acquire it these days. The demand for MF lenses has gone WAY up, as they confirmed. I've been trying to get a 35 2,4 flek for a few weeks now, but no luck. No jupiters, biotars, helioses, volnas, primoplans, either. Just the usual stock of everyday pentacon lenses, when it comes to m42. But hey, maybe I'll get lucky one day Cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I mostly found there common lenses which can be found elsewhere even cheaper. Anyway, some people living in Prague are reporting good lens offers from time to time. They are also reporting Ukrainian some people visiting the shop regularly and buying old photo equipment in large quantities (independently on condition, type, quality, price, vendor etc.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anything here changed on the info? I will be in Prague for a day and a half and been told that there is quite a bit available in the city in the way of older "fun" camera's. Any suggestions... and also not to hijack the thread but any suggestions as MUST see or MUST photograph since I will be there for such a short period of time!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pazdera's shop is still worth visit. It's also worth checking Foto Skoda which is located nearby, there is secondhand shop and gallery also.

Giving touristic tips for Prague is a bit tricky as there is too much to see, however 1 day should be enough to take a quick walk round the city centre, Letna, Hradcany and Petrin (where is sightseeing tower located). You can buy 1-day ticket for public transport which is 110 CZK (~ $6) and save time with transport.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A walk round the Old Quarter is definitely worthwhile. 15 years since I was there, but I doubt the Old Quarter has changed, very photogenic from an architectural point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came back from Prague, and wow... what a nice city!

I went to both the shop. Pazdera's windows was really attractive, but the lady in the shop would not let me go behind the front desk to see if I could find some interesting lenses in the display cabinettes. All the items had price tags and the prices was comparable to ebay on the items I could see. Foto skoda was realy nice with better organiced cabinettes with lockers so you could go around and study all the items. Similar prises also here and best bargain I saw was a 20mm flektogon zebra for 2900 czk.