Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PIESKER & CO Berlin lens question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: PIESKER & CO Berlin lens question Reply with quote

I found this on ebay. Trying to see if it's a enlarging lens, has a aperture control, etc. Does anyone know anything about it?

Old PIESKER & CO Berlin German NR13173 Piconar 1:45 F-40mm PRAKTICA LENS w/Box

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-PIESKER-CO-Berlin-German-NR13173-Piconar-1-45-F-40mm-PRAKTICA-LENS-w-Box-/131558937821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea18614dd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many other 40/4.5 lenses, it should be a four element lens.

P.S. I am going to bid it but...

Last edited by calvin83 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume at the least it would need to be sent in for cleaning. Any idea on value?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say less than $100 for a good copy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is in a focussing mount, so it is most likely a camera objective, not an enlarging or bellows lens. I own a number of Peskier lenses. They are pretty decent and command an ever increasing resale value. Nice compact little lens. Cleaning might turn out to be a rather simple DIY project.

P.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea on the mount??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller specifies M42, or Pentax screw mount. Hard to tell for sure from the pic, but these lenses were common on Practikas and other M42 cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, i misread the listing, the seller does not specifiy the mount. But, he does say Praktica, and that would indicate M42. Also, i have seen this lens in M42. Worst case, It is definitely a screw mount, so the other likely alternative is LTM, or 39mm. What kind of camera were you planning on using this on?

P.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a listing for the lens from Modern Photography, July, 1953 (62 years ago). Looks like it probably is a four element Tessar-type! But look at the difference in price between the Peskier and Zeiss versions! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Sorry, i misread the listing, the seller does not specifiy the mount. But, he does say Praktica, and that would indicate M42. Also, i have seen this lens in M42. Worst case, It is definitely a screw mount, so the other likely alternative is LTM, or 39mm. What kind of camera were you planning on using this on?

P.

My fuji X-E2.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fuji X-E2.[/quote]

With the proper adapter, the lens should mount fine and focus to infinity on that camera.

P.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a nice little lens worth a bid,I have never seen the Piesker info written on the front of the name ring before...but that means very little Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Here's a listing for the lens from Modern Photography, July, 1953 (62 years ago). Looks like it probably is a four element Tessar-type! But look at the difference in price between the Peskier and Zeiss versions! LOL

That means the Zeiss were sold at premium price while Peskier did a great job to produce a very affordable lens. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it did not go too cheaply.
US $124.50
A collector's piece perhaps
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone here buy it? It would be nice to see how well it takes an image...just for curiousity's sake. Very Happy