Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 20mm F4 Exakta mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 20mm F4 Exakta mount Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker first time poster, really is a great site about time I jumped in (or got pushed in this case...)

I recently got a Carl Zeiss Flektogon 20mm F4 in Exakta mount from an auction, it had slight fungus behind the front element the problem is I can't seen to get the front unscrewed to clean the element. I've tried the inner front ring (with my lens spanner) which unscrewed about 1 turn and then jammed, I used plenty of force on this (even scratching the teeth a bit) but no luck at all moving it any further.

Here's my question does the name plate have to be removed first to get the front element out or am I going about this the whole wrong way? I've spent ages trying to look for the diagram online or any other information but I can't find much of anything about it.

I've tried the name ring (with rubber) but there is no movement in it whatsoever, I'll attach a before and after picture and any help would be really, really appreciated with this.

As you can see from the before and after I have really tried with force but that inner ring isn't going any further.

I'm going to try a little bit of oil around the rings now to see if it helps

Thanks
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Flektogon 20mm F4 Exakta mount Reply with quote

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.
I guess you will need to remove the name ring first.
If the rubber doesn't help as a last resort you can drill 2 small holes in it and then unscrew it with the lens spanner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the response! and for the welcome Smile

I was thinking I might have to drill 2 holes in the plate (did it with a Triotar before) but wanted to check if it was the best way before I took the plunge. The oil doesn't seem to have helped anyway so I might just go for it later on today, I just want the lens for myself, won't be selling it on so I suppose the holes wont make any difference.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drilled the ring and no matter how much pressure I'm putting on it it wont budge a bit Confused I do have a fair bit of strength so if it was going to move it would have... there must be something holding it?!?

Should I just open the whole thing and try to get at it from the back?

If anyone has an assembly/disassembly guide I would really appreciate a link please.

Thanks