Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 100 and Meyer 180 with sticky iris blades
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Pentacon 100 and Meyer 180 with sticky iris blades Reply with quote

Hello,

I have the opportunity to buy two lenses . These are:
Pentacon 100mm f:2.8
and
Meyer Optik Gorlitz Primotar 180 f:3.5 (http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/primotar_180mm_f3_5/)
but both has sticky iris blades.
What to do ? Can the diaphragm cleaned easily (can the lens be dismantled and have easy access to the blades) ?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon 100mm f2.8 a wonderful lens , usable very well even at wide open. Another one wide open very soft I am not sure you will lake it. To clean blades need practice I am not sure you able to do it by your self. Here an experts can clean it around 15-20 EUR each ask at your home place who able to clean it before decide to buy Primotar.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on the lenses

On Pentacon 200 F4 MC, it is easy to clean the blades. (but this is note the reason of the problem on my lense, the reason is still unknown).

I believe on Pentacon 135 f2.8 MC, it is also easy.

this is just my testimony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meyer primotar 3,5/180 has a preset diaphragm , an automatic version exists in Pratisix mount .the preset version has an interchangeable mount for P-6,Exakta,Praktica(M-42), Praktina . It cannot be "sticky"!. Or something is broken elsewhere , and the preset ring cannot move. Have you got pics from this lens ?
The pentacon 2,8/100 (Meyer orestor) is quite easy to dismantle . It is like the pentacon 2,8/135 , at least not so far.

Last edited by Helios on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
The meyer primotar 3,5/180 has a preset diaphragm . It cannot be "sticky"!.

What does a preset diaphragm has to do with blades ? I own sticky J-9, Pentacon 300/4, both are preset lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? Sticky blades don't prevent the use of the preset ring. Blades are directly connected to the closing ring , so sticky or not , the diaph is usable. However , the closing action can be more difficult .
Depending of course what we call "sticky" . I'd never seen a preset totally stuck blades .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the deal is off Sad The person to whom I sent a Pentacon 135mm lens this monday give me a address which was not identical with the one in his ID so the postal employee did not give him the package. I'll do the whole shipping again (return and shipping again). Here I use here (Romania) the payment on arrival (pay the parcel when it arrives at the postal office). So, got no money now, for lenses. And those two lenses (Meyer and pentacon 100) would have been about 12 GBP (shipping included).
May be some other time.
Thank you all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And those two lenses (Meyer and pentacon 100) would have been about 12 GBP (shipping included).

Is it real ? This is the price of these two lenses ??!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Pentacon 100mm construction Reply with quote

Hi!
Could someone please let me know how should one before last element be turned in the lens? I had it disasambled and forgot how it was:(.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI.
Let me know:

Which lens we are talking about?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking (unsuccessfully) for dismantling info on Pentacon f2.8 135mm. Those available only cover the knurled focus ring variant. The inside of the variant with the thin, horizontally barred focus ring is totally different. Anyway, the point of this is to comment on an earlier assertion that you can't get 'sticky' blades with a preset aperture. I fear you CAN. If they are oily the oil will dry on storage and the blades will stick together. The force of turning the aperture ring will cause the offending blade to bind with its neighbour, distort and spring out of its slot, producing the classic, "Oh damn, what's happened to that?" situation. And that's why I want to dismantle this particular one!