Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Honeywell Pentax Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8 Markings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@peterqd: Thanks for all of your help in this thread.

memetph wrote:
Remac : those are two different lenses 1.4 and 1.8.
I have 3 ST 55 1.8 and 1 SMC 55 2 . I will check the coating colours today.

Correct. I posted the photo of 50mm for 1.4 just for comparison of it's purple/red color tint to the 55mm 1.8's yellow/gold color tint. Sometimes colors can be subjective. Posting a comparison photo lets everyone come to their own conclusion instead of relying on me telling them what the color it looks like to me.

Thanks for posting you photo. I'd say that my color tint looks like the center lens in your photo. The engraved ring matches too. The only difference that I can see from the front is rubber focus ring instead of the metal one.

Earlier I mentioned that my lens weighs 202 grams. Out of all of the weights I've found for 55mm f1.8 Takumars, the only weight that is close to my lens is the SMC Takumar at 201 grams. The other versions have listed weights of 164gr, 174gr, 215gr, and 239gr. It's weird that the gold tinted optics looks like a Super-Takumar, but the weight puts it around the SMC Takumar.

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the mechanic is the same as an SMC which allows metering at full aperture. so it is heavier.
I discuss with a friend about that case. He told me that Honeywell mounted some lenses themselves in the USA. So they could make such hybrids.