Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Sears 55mm f1.4, extremely nisen bokeh.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Auto Sears 55mm f1.4, extremely nisen bokeh. Reply with quote

I know that this kind of busy bokeh is hated around here for some reason. I kinda like it, especially recently with the iphone portrait mode producing very creamy artificial bokeh so I think that I'm just sick of that because I see it literally everywhere.
Maybe the bokeh would look ugly in nature around trees but in the night it looks nice imo.
Just wanted to point out the nisen bokeh this lens produce so if you don't like that, don't buy it.
[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Sears 55mm f1.4, extremely nisen bokeh. Reply with quote

Tariq0101 wrote:

I know that this kind of busy bokeh is hated around here for some reason. I kinda like it, especially recently with the iphone portrait mode producing very creamy artificial bokeh so I think that I'm just sick of that because I see it literally everywhere.
Maybe the bokeh would look ugly in nature around trees but in the night it looks nice imo.
Just wanted to point out the nisen bokeh this lens produce so if you don't like that, don't buy it.
[/code]

Welcome, Tariq0101.

You won't hear me complain about the rendering in your photo. I think it's nice!
If you have any more photos to share, I'd enjoy seeing them.
(Now that you've made an initial post, photos will show in your succeeding posts.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Sears 55mm f1.4, extremely nisen bokeh. Reply with quote

Tariq0101 wrote:

[/code]

Just because some express dislike for this kind of bokeh doesn't mean that all dislike it.
In your image making there is no-one that you have to please but yourself, so make your images and feel free to share them.
All creative souls are welcome here.
Thank you for sharing this one
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Sears 55mm f1.4, extremely nisen bokeh. Reply with quote

55 wrote:

Welcome, Tariq0101.

You won't hear me complain about the rendering in your photo. I think it's nice!
If you have any more photos to share, I'd enjoy seeing them.
(Now that you've made an initial post, photos will show in your succeeding posts.)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Sears 55mm f1.4, extremely nisen bokeh. Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Just because some express dislike for this kind of bokeh doesn't mean that all dislike it.
In your image making there is no-one that you have to please but yourself, so make your images and feel free to share them.
All creative souls are welcome here.
Thank you for sharing this one
Tom

Thanks for the reply, I fully agree with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tariq0101! Good to see you here!

Thank you also for the term nisen bokeh I didn't know it before.

According to the definition of nisen bokeh at https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/05/02/the-end-of-onion-ring-bokeh-panasonic-beats-the-curse-of-aspheric-lenses your image does not have nisen bokeh. I like to call light spheres like yours "out-of-focus highlights".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I started to like Leica lenses mainly for their "busy" bokeh, and got bored with them when they stopped to show that personality...

So, to each his own.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subject and background are well chosen in the image up top. Nice.