Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ifoc 135mm f2.8 preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Ifoc 135mm f2.8 preset Reply with quote

I have owned a couple of ifoco lenses before but never have I seen an ifoc.
My search gave exactly 0 hits on ifoc lenses.
First I thought the paint of the last 'o' had worn off but the letters are engraved in the name ring and that is obviously not the case.
Mount can be removed. I think this is a T2 mount.
Low serial number.

Who has info on ifoc lenses ? Laughing

Last edited by !Karen on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brand is certainly a distributors/importers.
The style (rubber grip) is very late for a preset, 1970's for sure, maybe even to early 1980s.
The makers for these are very difficult to ID as the major makers were no longer making these presets by then.
The style of preset mechanism and of course the T-mount are generic and typical.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The focus mark, the red dot and line inside the white rectangle, are very common though, as is the style of the lens. I wonder if different manufacturers adopted the same style, or stole the style from another manufacturer. I think it's unlikely, but it doesn't answer who the manufacturer actually is?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find, Karen. I love using preset manual lenses with my DSLR.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lens Seimar 135mm 2.8 looking just like that Ifoc.
It is a good lens.