Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mystery Hanimex 600mm f8?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Mystery Hanimex 600mm f8? Reply with quote

Hi there, thought the first thing I would do here is pester people.

I'm currently racking my brains trying to identify what lens this is (Before I buy it >.>)

The selling saying its got Hanimex TELE-LENS 600mm f8 on it but I can't seem to find anything on the internet resembling it. So if anyone here would like to take a stab and what this once was... Its a m42 mount too btw.

Its in 2 parts

Last edited by Neare on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery Hanimex 600mm f8? Reply with quote

Neare wrote:
Hi there, thought the first thing I would do here is pester people.

I'm currently racking my brains trying to identify what lens this is (Before I buy it >.>)

The selling saying its got Hanimex TELE-LENS 600mm f8 on it but I can't seem to find anything on the internet resembling it. So if anyone here would like to take a stab and what this once was... Its a m42 mount too btw.

Its in 2 parts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't expect much from a third party 600mm lens, 90% chance it makes soft images. If no information from a lens that means people buying and selling and result pretty crap to publish, nobody say crap because can't sell after.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true, I'm just on a Hanimex "cheap-dodgy-lens" buzz after acquiring this gem (Hanimex 135mm f/2.Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made by Tokina (Tokyo Koki).

Was sold under several camera manufacturers brands as well as distributors like Hanimex, and fairly often under the Tokina brand itself, which was not common in those days. It was obviously a prestige product for Tokina.

I have never tried it, but from what I have seen this is an extremely well-made lens. I would expect at least decent performance from it.

I had a Kawanon-made Soligor 600/8, which is the main alternative 600/8 one will find on ebay, and I found it to be a quite acceptably sharp lens at f/8. This one was even sold by Yashica and other camera manufacturers as their own branded product. Kawanon (Kawakami Seiki Seisakusho Ltd.) was a cheaper or lower-category third-party maker than Tokina.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis,

I don't know where you've come up with some of these names of obscure lens makers but I'm glad you have. Can you , please, post a list of the manufacturers you know of and some of the brands on their lenses? I'd appreciate it.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neare wrote:
This is true, I'm just on a Hanimex "cheap-dodgy-lens" buzz after acquiring this gem (Hanimex 135mm f/2.Cool

135mm is an easy focal length for any makers, above 400mm is a different story not many maker able too produce quality lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neare wrote:

F2???? Wow, that's quite some lens. Good images.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I own the same - only with Vivitar brand name.

Here some samples, it was one of my first mf lenses. I paid 9 € for this lens and add. 0,50 € for the lens hood. Wink

http://www.foto-bochum.net/Historical-Equipment/Lens-Vivitar-f8600/8077171_YYLB8#526227306_S5cC6

If you have a tripod (a must), good light and a static motive for this value a really good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hi,

Here some samples, it was one of my first mf lenses. I paid 9 € for this lens and add. 0,50 € for the lens hood. Wink

http://www.foto-bochum.net/Historical-Equipment/Lens-Vivitar-f8600/8077171_YYLB8#526227306_S5cC6

If you have a tripod (a must), good light and a static motive for this value a really good lens.

looks like the lens is bent from its own weight and from the weight of the camera, isn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Hi,

looks like the lens is bent from its own weight and from the weight of the camera, isn't it?

Yes it looks like - but it is an optical illusion. I´m not sure I believe I shot this pic with the Canon Fish eye and made some correction with DxO.
In fact the lens is a lightweight but very robust.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Hanimex 600 Reply with quote

Can you please tell me the lens cap size for this lens and where I might find one

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inner diameter of the cap is 93mm measured (nothing stated on cap).

There is one from Hasselblad but this may be a little bit expensive. Wink