Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-6 and some fun in the garden
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Helios 44M-6 and some fun in the garden Reply with quote

These lenses are soooo great.
Some fun this afternoon in the garden.
What a terrific lens this is.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OH,just what I need...another lens. Great shots ,love the ferns.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Thanks OH,just what I need...another lens. Great shots ,love the ferns.

Haha - yes, I know the feeling.
What I love about this lens is its sharpness from wide open and the milky smooth transition in the bokeh.
And sooooo cheap.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, I love the BW and the two last green plant shots Very Happy
The 44m-6 is supposed to be the sharpest of them all I think...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes those Helios 44's..

I should never have sold mine Razz Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Thomas,

I Have a 44-6 and 44-4 and I also think the 6 is sharper. This was one of my first lenses an mho they are a must have.

I like all those pics Thomas. Thanks for putting them up. Very Happy

Regards,
Gavin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots! So sharp! I've been thinking about one, just not sure which version.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Here is my lens and the camera that it came with.
Lens serial number is 91470980
It is a model with six aperture blades if that helps.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
Wonderful shots! So sharp! I've been thinking about one, just not sure which version.

Purely from the technical specifications the latest is the best in terms of maximum resolution (44M-7).
I would say that the 44M-4 is more than fine. So anything from version 4 to 7 should be good and I would rather look on availability and price than on the version number. The very minimal differences in resolution shouldn't be visible in the final pictures and I think the manufacturing tolerances are most probably a bigger issue if at all.

I've bought a 44M-4 on a Zenit 122 both in brand new condition for Euro 10,-. Fair enough.

You may also look at a plain 44M (initial version) which is the only version with 8 aperture blades opposite to the others with just 6 blades out of the auto aperture models. I have this version too (slightly more expensive) but I didn't make any direct comparison up to now.

You may also consider the Zenitar-M 50mm/1.7 which I like even more (different construction with lesser MFD). But that is purely a matter of taste.