Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soviet Helios-53 200mm/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Soviet Helios-53 200mm/2.5 Reply with quote

Hi!
Another heavy lens here, a Helios-53 aerial lens.
Serial with double № (№000743) which shows its military use.
It's a typical Helios/Biotar formula 6/4 that cover 8x8.
It weight about 3kg I think (heavier than OF-233 210mm/2.5).

Here is the lens on A7

And first test shots. It's a bit hard to focus hand held with heavy lens Very Happy , but I'm kind of used to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens looks awesome. Get a workout with your photography session. I really, really like the character of those pictures. The colors to me are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice "experimental shooting" ! Love the last 2 shots, especially the boat!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Pierre, and now I see that clamping mount that you also must be using for the ERA lenses!
I wonder if you are hand holding this large and heavy conbtraption, with that little camera dangling
at the end Wink Reminds me of some of mine adaptions, but you easily beat me on that Laughing

From wonderfully painterly and romantic, to super sharp and contrasty, it is all in here!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Klaus, yes, I use the same adapter. It's kind of universal adapter for big lenses Smile . It requires few work, you just need to protect the lens against the screws, and avoid to strongly tight them. But since there is 2 lines of screw, it hold it pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very good lens, I wouldn't want to carry it around though.